Fresh water pump how to

Started by AliceKelly, February 02, 2020, 06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AliceKelly

Some of you might know me from my other post.  We are getting our liscence plates tomorrow thanks to all of you.

Now on to restoring fresh water for bathing and eating.

I think the last owner intended to part out our. Motorhome. They cut the entire kitchen out and took the water pump with them.

So this month I'm getting a pump tracing down the cut water lines and getting our shower running.

Can anyone give me a general idea how water is run ie routing. Like pump to hot and cold then cold out to toilet and shower and sink.  Hot out to shower and sink etc.  Is it all sort of hit and. Miss once it's been cut up?  I can't find any diagrams or guidence on fixing the water.

Also what psi should we use?  I don't want a slow stream. We really badly need to clean our bodies.

OH and lastly what do you all think about a 12 volt constant water heater for hot water on demand.  Do they work OK?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Here is a overview of how things are connected together.  As far as how it was routed in your rig, you may be able to get a drawing of the system from Winnebago.  You will need to tell them if you have a 20RG or 24RC rig though.
[move][/move]

AliceKelly

I have. A 20rg.  It looks simple problem is that all the. Plex. Lines. Are cut. And. The water pump is gone. I'm thinking a. Jug. Of water a cheap pump and a fast connection of so. E. Ki d might. Tell. Me. Where the. Lines go and then. Just. Reconnect them

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: AliceKelly on February 02, 2020, 05:12 PM
I have. A 20rg.  It looks simple problem is that all the. Plex. Lines. Are cut. And. The water pump is gone. I'm thinking a. Jug. Of water a cheap pump and a fast connection of so. E. Ki d might. Tell. Me. Where the. Lines go and then. Just. Reconnect them

Most Ace Hardware stores carry Flair-It plumbing fittings.  They work with PEX and that old grey lines they used to use in our RVs.  They have all sorts of fittings to connect everything up, including valves, etc.  They are perfect for connecting new PEX style plumbing to our old grey plumbing fittings, whatever that was called.

https://flairit.com/

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Or Shark=Bite fittings and the generic that the big box store will have with them. you just push the line in and done. The good thing with those is you can remove the line and reuse it. It is going to be hard to tell you exactly what and where without actually being there and seeing it in person.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on February 02, 2020, 10:44 PM
Or Shark=Bite fittings and the generic that the big box store will have with them. you just push the line in and done. The good thing with those is you can remove the line and reuse it. It is going to be hard to tell you exactly what and where without actually being there and seeing it in person.

I had one of those Shark Bite fittings vibrate loose on me once.  I don't trust them after that for an RV that moves down the road.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

skloon

For the price of the Shark bite fittings if doing more than a couple I would buy or rent a pex crimper

AliceKelly

Wish I could show pics on here. Baught a pump and a tankless water heater.  Think I'll start with pumping into the. Lines one at a time see what leaks and mark it. All I need is the sink toilet and shower. 2 hot 3 cold. Can't be too complex.

Rickf1985

Make sure the water heater vents outside!