1975 Window moulding?

Started by Trunkhill1, November 29, 2015, 04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkhill1

Anyone got a line on where to find hard-to-locate window moulding?  My 1975 Winnebago Canadian travel trailer has severely leaky windows all the way around.  I called an automotive window replacement guy, as referred by a custom auto shop, who took some samples from my rig about 1&1/2 months ago and he's come up with nothing since.
In the mean time, I've duct-taped the seams to keep water and ice from getting in and ruining my work.

Oz

There are couple different types members have needed.  A photo or description would help. 

Have you used the message search for(?): window seal

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

TerryH

As Mark said, a photo would help. Also, which moulding do you need? Glass to frame for a fixed window? For a sliding window? For an awning window? Exterior seal? For any of the above? What "seams" are you referring to?
There are suppliers that carry various neoprene, butyl and rubber profiles - if that is what you are looking for. Some may be identical to yours, some may not but still be effective.
Photo is required, or failing that an actual part number reference.
Hope this helps
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Trunkhill1

Canadian is the name on the vin tag and title as it's a travel trailer.  Don't think there's too many of these (surviving the ravages of time anyhow).  I've only seen one other member that has the same model as mine.
I'll get some photos up later, but yeah I need window glass to frame seals for the fixed and slider glass.

Rickf1985

MinnieWinnie75

We were told you can buy some from someone in California (super expensive).  We had a couple windows that wouldn't open and wanted to clean up and fix.  We ended up buying two new windows, they are spendy.. but amazing!  We ended up taking our windows to a local window shop in Portland, OR and having them re-beaded.  And we replaced two windows- custom ordered from Motion Windows in Vancouver, WA.  They did a good job!  Good LUCK

MinnieWinnie75

Also, look at the manual I posted, you may actually have the 166 travel trailer, its the bigger sister to our 136.

Trunkhill1

Trunkhill1

Let me know if these help.  I can see the '166' previously referred to.

DRMousseau

YES!!! THOSE VENT WINDOWS!!!

Jus posted on a new related topic,... I DO have the seals necessary for those upper vent windows!!! New and in the shipping box I received them in. Also the complete assembly of parts and glass I had bought from another here. Mine were in much the same condition as yours, shrunken, pulled away, and leaking along the top edge. Easy repair!

They arrive the week I lost my ol' Winnebago, and I jus stored 'em away figurin' someone would likely have a need.

If your interested,... pm me here.
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

Mike

Hi Cory,
I have replaced the window channel felt from mobility rv inc www.winnebagoparts.com 
phone 800-933-7742 they have that and the window glazing # 00230902000
also used Pelland Enterprise www.rvwidow.com part #H009-057-19
one is for the sliding glass the other is for the stationary glass.
Hope this helps
Mike
Tip pull out vent windows tag on bottom is Hehr part number for parts

Trunkhill1

Thanks Mike! That's very useful.  I've had two window guys now and neither has had any luck.  I'll pass this forward.  Thanks for the tip! :) :)ThmbUp

Winnebago Warrior 94

My windows are leaking in the front a little and maybe on the sides ..I need to find out if I replace the plastic trim on the front windows or if I need to use something to seal them

Matthewddd

Hi guys I just recently acquired a 1975 136 TT And am realizing there's not many around!

I am looking for the gaskets for the camper.
I have the 136TT the smaller brother to the OPs pictures.
It looks like someone has siliconned around the gaskets in my Trailer,

Anyway, anyone have leads at to what part number these gaskets are? Thanks - matt

Rickf1985

Did you go back through this thread? There are links to several laces that have that stuff.

Matthewddd

Quote from: Rickf1985 on May 01, 2017, 01:51 PM
Did you go back through this thread? There are links to several laces that have that stuff.

I did,   But, was unable to Narrow them down. Previous posters just linked sites. Having a hard time deciphering which one, please help if you can

Rickf1985

Sorry, all I can offer is to compare the profiles to what you have. Most of the ones online have measurements yu can compare to yours. just keep in mind that yours will have shrunk a little.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Winnebago would have used the same windows in a Motorhome as was used in a Travel Trailer.  So referring to a motorhome parts book the Winnebago Part Numbers are:

002324-02-000: Weather Strip Channel; 1/8" Glass (typical size in the 70's)
042077-01-000: Weather Strip Channel; 3/16" Glass
004363-01-000: Tape; Foam; 3/16"x1/2"; Grey
024096-02-000: Seal; Window Channel - Black (Z style Inner Window Frame)
002283-01-000: Seal; Window Channel - Black (T style Inner Window Frame)

I believe all but one are reflected in the Winnebago Catalog.

It is a pdf so you can search for a P/N

http://www.winnebagoparts.com/
[move][/move]

SkIz

Reviving the thread to see if anyone has answers about the part number 024096-02-000

I'm wondering if anyone was able to fit that in place or have a replacement part for that particular number which is the Seal - Exterior Glass To Frame, Slider Glass

Thanks !