Suburban NT 34 Wiring

Started by skloon, January 06, 2020, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skloon

I pulled my furnace in the fall as it wasn't working- the initial fan sequence would start but no ignition- Now I have it sitting on my workbench to test and was wondering what I connect to it to test and where I have propane and a 12v power supply

DaveVA78Chieftain

Dynatrail NT Service Manual in Member area -> Manuals, Diagrams, & Tech Info -> Furnaces

Also: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,2640.msg5112.html#msg5112
[move][/move]

JohnM

The blower which is on oiled bushings, seizes on those. I pulled mine and sold the control board on ebay for ~$45.

I use a catalytic heater. Do fine on 1k, up to 9k BTU's in extreme cold. If I remember, about 1/4 of the BTU's the NT 34 and similar heaters produce, are blown outside, due to a heat exchanger about 1/3 size of what it needs to be. Makes a great hand-warmer if you happen to be outside!

Don't remember the forum, but the regulars said the sail switch likely goes out in those circumstances. The switch is a microswitch with a long arm and a 'sail', an extra piece of metal that gets pushed by the airflow. It moves from the blowing air from the blower and then closes the switch, allows for ignition.

Still have the one from the furnace.

skloon

It was minus 39 for a while last week so no way was I going into the unheated garage to beat on this- I think I will this weekend as it should be zero