Winter Vacation, 2019-2020!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, December 02, 2019, 06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

Congrats.  I know how you feel as we just bought a new place a few months ago.  Did you get them to throw in the riding lawn mower also?  Your gonna need it!
[move][/move]

Shawn62

Kevin,
   Congratulations!!!!   That is awesome.

Shawn

Froggy1936

Hi Kev, When i need to bleed air on the propane system, I use the 4 burners on the stove.  With a butane lighter , Works pretty fast.  Congratulations for putting down some roots, Looks like a place the dogs will love  !  Frank &  Louie
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on January 09, 2020, 01:08 AM
Congrats.  I know how you feel as we just bought a new place a few months ago.  Did you get them to throw in the riding lawn mower also?  Your gonna need it!

Thanks Dave!  I'm letting my sister and brother in law store their RV on the property when we aren't there, in exchange for him keeping the lawn mowed in our absence.  He's got a wide deck mower and a trailer and his house is only 5 miles down the street.  When we come back to the property later this year, I'll be looking for a good used mower, like a Gravely, Aryans, old Toro back when they were built rock solid, etc.  I want a lawn tractor style, not a zero turn...so I can haul a little garden trailer behind it for gardening and dragging away branches to the fire pit.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks everyone!  We are truly blessed!  This property would be exactly what I would have designed...and it fell into our laps.  It is perfect and God is good!  It is truly a dream come true.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Rally at Kevin Place. ;)  Free Camping D:oH! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: LJ-TJ on January 09, 2020, 09:29 PM
Rally at Kevin Place. ;)  Free Camping D:oH! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

LOL!  We were actually thinking about it, so it may be something we can set up in the future.  The weather sure is nice down here in the winter, so it would be perfect for a winter jamboree!

Kev

Froggy1936

Well thanks for the consideration, But any R/V use in the winter is a major preparation, Just restarting the water system is a days work, then keeping the heat on till ready to go. Then draining it all upon return.   I would not be attending ! Sorry to say but thanks anyway!  After freezing weather ,or before, are still options Have a nice day  Frank &  Louie  !

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Froggy1936 on January 11, 2020, 02:30 PM
Well thanks for the consideration, But any R/V use in the winter is a major preparation, Just restarting the water system is a days work, then keeping the heat on till ready to go. Then draining it all upon return.   I would not be attending ! Sorry to say but thanks anyway!  After freezing weather ,or before, are still options Have a nice day  Frank &  Louie  !

LOL!  Then maybe an early Spring jam then...or late Fall.  It gets stupid hot here in the Summer...which is why we won't be here in the Summer...lmao!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So all we are waiting for now is the appraisal before closing on the property!  Everything else is already done and ready to go, including the title search and checking for any back taxes or liens, and there aren't any.  We might even be able to close before we have to leave for Arizona on or about the 20th of January!!!  We are so stoked! 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

I talked to the bank today, and it looks like the appraisal will be finished either today or tomorrow...and we can close on the property on Friday!  As long as the seller can make it that day, it looks like we'll be able to close before we leave for Arizona on the 20th!  Woohoo!!!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

The property appraised for quite a bit more than we are paying for it, so we are all set!  We close on Friday!  WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Kev

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

HandyDan

Congratulations on being property owners.  Just needs a little white picket fence.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Elandan2

Congratulations on the new HOME PORT.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

ClydesdaleKevin

Today is the big day!  We close on the property at 10am!

Kev

joanfenn

ClydesdaleKevin

And it is official!  We own 300 Bowens Mill Road, Fitzgerald, GA! 

Tomorrow I'll be digging post holes for the new gate, and sinking the posts and pouring in the concrete.  I was going to borrow my step dad's lawnmower and mow the laws while I was at it...but my dad wants to mow it for me, since he loves to ride around on his lawn tractor...lol!

I also intend to bring my tote tank to the property and dump and rinse it, and then bring the garbage left by the previous owner to the local dump (It was not his fault...he lives 300 miles away and has early stage Parkinsons, and his helper was around 70 years old.  They loaded up all day, and it was getting dark when I got to the property to check on them, and then I helped them to load up what they needed, including the 72 Corvette that was in the garage.  They took everything they wanted, left me some nice goodies, and the rest will go to the dump).  They gave me the keys, showed me where the water lines and 2 separate septic tanks were, and even showed me where the old fashioned well (still full of water) was on the property.  We plan on installing an old fashioned hand pump at the well, but not until we get back in around half a year.

Sunday the concrete should be hard enough to mount the gate, chain, and lock...and the No Trespassing signs.  And then take lots of new pictures!

Monday is MLK day, so everything will be closed...but Tuesday we'll have the utilities put in our name and set up an online account, make sure online access for our land loan is set up, procure insurance on the building and make sure that is set up online, and go to the tax office and set up online access to pay or taxes when due in case we aren't here when they come out in September.  I also have to mail out a trebuchet.

Wednesday is a day of rest, and then we hit the road to Arizona on Thursday!

Kev

Froggy1936

Congratulations Well Done. Now you have planted roots . Good season ahead !  Frank & Louie P.S you are on my way from my Sister in N,C to my Nephew,s in Jacksonville , On my way to Texas  Hopefully next season, Have to replace house batteries And tires !

ClydesdaleKevin

The property is mowed and looks great, and all gate components were purchased today, since everything shuts down in this town on Sunday...lol! 

I also dug the post holes for the gate, three feet deep, and sunk in the posts and poured the concrete.  It has to set for a couple more days before hanging the gate, so we'll hang the gate on Tuesday.

I also dumped out the tote tank and rinsed it all out.  Gotta love having your own dump station! 

It feels REALLY good to be working on things on your own property.  It really really does!

Tomorrow I'll spend the day loading up all the left behind garbage into the trailer and hopefully bring it to the dump if they are open.

I'll take pictures tomorrow after the cleanup is finished and post them sometime soon.

Kev

Rickf1985

You know........................ You do have to have those septic tanks pumped out once in a while. If the previous owner has not done it for years then it is going to cost you some change because they will be compacted.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on January 18, 2020, 09:22 PM
You know........................ You do have to have those septic tanks pumped out once in a while. If the previous owner has not done it for years then it is going to cost you some change because they will be compacted.

LOL!  The previous owner had the tank at the RV pad pumped out around 3 years ago...and used his bathroom the way we do:  No TP flushed down the toilet, but put in the trash can next to the toilet.  That one should be fine for a while.

The other tank, which used to service an old farmhouse that used to be on the property and burned down decades ago, probably hasn't been pumped out.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

It was a lot of work, but ALL the debris and garbage left behind by the previous owner is picked up, bagged up when possible, and loaded into the trailer I borrowed from my brother in law.  Except for the old mower and 5 old tires...which are ready to load up, nice and neat.  So I'll have to make two trips to the landfill on Tuesday. 

I also swept out the garage completely, organized it a bit, and swept off the RV pad as well. 

It was a lot of work, but it is satisfying when the work is on your own property!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We FINALLY got all of our online banking, taxes, insurance and utilities taken care of...and will be spending the night on the property tomorrow night...and getting on the road to Arizona first thing Saturday morning.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We spent the night on the property last night, and are about to hit the road to Arizona!  Because of our location, MapQuest has our route further north than we usually travel to AZ.  Instead of I-10, we'll be cutting across and picking up I-20 in Mississippi...which doesn't pick up I-10 until we are almost to El Paso, TX.  Should be fun!  At least it is a different route...and we won't have to go through Houston (although we do have to go through the Dallas area).  Only 1881 miles to go...lol!

The nearest Flying J is 460 miles from here, so hopefully there will be a place to get diesel along the way, as we have around 3/4 of a tank right now.

Kev