front lights 7x6 led? converson

Started by lloydttraces, November 14, 2019, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloydttraces

anyone tried the led ones that you can get and does it take  a lot to convert them

Ericb760

1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Rickf1985

Looks to me like they will blind all oncoming traffic! Sure, you can see great but the cars coming at you are blind and could very well hit you head on. Plus I love the part where it tells you that when the condensation forms to remove the rubber plug and turn on the lights. I don't know about yours but I can't get to the back of mine while they are installed. These Chinese outfits just put a bunch of LEDS out there with no regard to where the light goes. That is why real headlights have the fluted glass, to aim the lights down and right. In England and Australia they aim down and left. The more modern HID and real automotive LEDS are manufactured the same way, they have defined cutoff lines. Although they do blind us older folks.

ClydesdaleKevin

I have them on my Jeep Cherokee and they are AWESOME!  I can actually see at night!  I don't tend to drive the RV at night, although I may consider upgrading to LED headlights on the RV in the future.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Ericb760

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 14, 2019, 10:01 PM
Looks to me like they will blind all oncoming traffic! Sure, you can see great but the cars coming at you are blind and could very well hit you head on. Plus I love the part where it tells you that when the condensation forms to remove the rubber plug and turn on the lights. I don't know about yours but I can't get to the back of mine while they are installed. These Chinese outfits just put a bunch of LEDS out there with no regard to where the light goes. That is why real headlights have the fluted glass, to aim the lights down and right. In England and Australia they aim down and left. The more modern HID and real automotive LEDS are manufactured the same way, they have defined cutoff lines. Although they do blind us older folks.

The PO installed these because the regular low beams are abysmally dim. At night I run the high beams, which are only marginally brighter. I did adjust them so that they basically point down. Enough for me to see what's ahead of me, but not high enough to blind oncoming drivers. 
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

tarifachris

Quote from: lloydttraces on November 14, 2019, 05:41 PM
anyone tried the led ones that you can get and does it take  a lot to convert them
It is a lot of work, because the biggest improvement you will get from new wiring with bigger awg wire directly from the battery and the use of relays to activate them. My Holiday Rambler has 4 x 4x6 inch lights. I bought the LED head lights for 35$ a piece. The lights are actually great and they are fully adjustable in the original frame.. I even changed out my 10 position lights with LED's since I lost every year 2 - 3 lens covers...