Find/replace running light fixtures on 1973 Indian

Started by Tubbydog12, November 06, 2019, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubbydog12

Hi there.  So I pulled the trigger on the 1973 Indian I fell in lust with and she's getting a few mechanical repairs to get her road worthy.  She will need replacement fixtures for a few running lights roofline front.  I called Winnebago and they state they don't make that marker light housing anymore.  Any ideas on where to find or will I have to create a mold myself and have made?

Her 6 windows will also need to be resealed and cleaned so the glass slides properly as the the tracks are all worn and gunky.  I may have to remove them all in some fashion.  I'll search the forum on that.  Front windshield seals? Many thanks...here we go....

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Well congratulations on joining the funny farm. There is a manual available on the site that shows you how to pretty much take your hole rig apart, repair it and put it back together. It's a worth while investment and it's written by Winnebago. Pictures man, pictures. We like pictures. Also a picture of the clearance lights would be a big help because there still available from folks  who are parting out the Bago's. Plus remember the only dumb question here is the one you don't ask.

Tubbydog12

Thanks TJ! When I get my hands back on her I'll post more photos including the lights and windows. I gather I will be a regular fixture here while working on her.  cheers

LJ-TJ

Absolutely. You will be amazed at the amount of information and manuals and guidance available here. Don't be afraid to ask questions. You can pretty much bet that the dumb question you want to ask has already been asked and answered. So you won't be the first. :)ThmbUp

Tubbydog12

OK..photos of front of my '73 Indian.  I'm looking for the yellow plastic housings for 3 of the upper running lights.  As you can see they are missing!  Thank you for any assistance locating!

JL

Rickf1985

They might be tough to find but you could probably find LED replacement in the same style. My style of RV is sitting right next to your rig, is that yours?

Tubbydog12

The Indian is mine Rick...the big rig is at the truck repair shop that's going over mechanicals for me.

Rickf1985

Ah, got it. I want to find a decent tractor with a double sleeper and convert it to a camper. The fuel mileage on most rigs like that empty is around 10-12.

LJ-TJ

Ok! So your mission should you choose to accepted it  ???  is to pop one of the lenses off and post a picture. Chances are I probably have one or two of them.

Tubbydog12

Roger that...when I get her back.  Question- there's another one for sale close by with what appears to be outstanding exterior- all lights / awning and windows appear to be in good shape.  Would you buy another one for $400 for parts?

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Tubbydog12 on November 12, 2019, 09:24 AM
Roger that...when I get her back.  Question- there's another one for sale close by with what appears to be outstanding exterior- all lights / awning and windows appear to be in good shape.  Would you buy another one for $400 for parts?

For 400 bucks?  I would jump on it as long as you have a place to store it.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

In a heart beat. I'd buy it but I already have four. For that very reason. Chances are it will save you way more than $400.00 dollars.

Tubbydog12

TJ-how similar are a '71 and '73 Indian? From photos look the same

LJ-TJ

I think there pretty much the same. I'm in the middle of a snow storm right now. Given a chance I'll go out and see if I can't roust up a few and post a picture. Hm?