Shower Faucet Diverter Broke - Need Help!

Started by Ericb760, October 24, 2019, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ericb760

The diverter on my shower faucet broke. I am trying JB Weld now as I wait for a new one (Thanks Amazon Prime!). In looking at removing the old one, it appears that I have to take off the entire corner panel? Is that correct, or is there another way to remove the faucet? There is no access from behind.
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Rickf1985

That would be my guess but consider yourself lucky that you have that access. Most of them would require removing a wall, not intended to be removed, to gain access to the plumbing.

Ericb760

Quote from: Rickf1985 on October 24, 2019, 05:04 PM
That would be my guess but consider yourself lucky that you have that access. Most of them would require removing a wall, not intended to be removed, to gain access to the plumbing.

Does your 89' have the same shower setup? This corner piece has warped over the years and it is impossible to seal it up anymore. Lucky that this happened now, as I just ordered a couple of rolls of Eternabond to fix some roof leaks. I have read that you can use it in the shower stall to seal up leaks as well and am going to give that a try.
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

Rickf1985

No, Mine the controls are on the back wall. To get to my plumbing I would have to rip out the bedroom wall.