New guy in Florida......

Started by olddaddy, September 27, 2019, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olddaddy

I signed onto the forum this afternoon after looking at a 73 Winnebago Brave.  Nice enough, but the price did not match the condition.  I've been thinking about a motorhome for awhile now, turned 65 back in May and maybe someday might be able to retire say around 70. I am a lifelong mechanic, metal fabricator, carpenter guy and would like to do a full on rebuild of something.  My ideal RV would be a Dodge chassis Winnebago on the small end of the spectrum.  I would want to fix it up for my needs and it wouldn't need to be perfect to begin with.  I lived quite happily for fifteen years in a very small studio apartment about the size of a motorhome, so I think I could do it again.  Starting to look locally for the right one, but wherever it is, I'll find it.  Nice forum, looks like the place to learn and get started.  Thanks, Charlie.

Rickf1985

Welcome Charlie, Those old Winnies are coming back into fashion with the millennial crowd so you know what that is doing to the price of them. Wish they would get that interested in the late 80's models! There are some good deals out there, keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce when the right one comes up because they do not last long and by that I mean days usually.

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the best classic RV forum on the internet, Charlie!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp  Hey Charlie, Welcome aboard. There's some nice classics out there for a reasonable price.

Oz

Welcome!  There's always another one just around the corner. And, one will have your name on it.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

olddaddy

Thanks for the reply and welcome!  I'm going to look at a Brave on Wednesday or Friday, work permitting.  We will see!

c farmer