!-! NEW MEMBERS: Take a moment to read the forum rules. They're brief, but very important in helping you get more answers to your questions, faster!
This helps everyone get more from our forum.

Author Topic: North Carolina, 2019  (Read 94 times)

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser 32RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
North Carolina, 2019
« on: September 30, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Now begins a new chapter! 

Our camp is all set up at the Carolina Renaissance Festival, and we open next weekend.

We have all the stock we need for opening weekend, so over the course of this VERY hot week (temperatures are supposed to be in the 90s), I have to set up our pavilion tent and get everything ready.  I'll do most of the work in the mornings when it is cooler.

But on the bright side, the weather this weekend is supposed to be in the low 70s, which is perfect!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 98 Cherokee lifted beastie tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline circleD

• Any day you wake up is a great day
  • Year: 1984
  • Make: Holiday Rambler
  • Model: Imperial 33
  • Chassis: p30
  • Engine: 454
Re: North Carolina, 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 04:49 PM »
Welcome back to NC! We want be there this year due to so many prior engagements. There's suppose to be decent weather next week. But just a heads up. We are so dry here that IF it rains prepare for a mess and humidity. Enjoy your time here.

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Welcome back to NC! We want be there this year due to so many prior engagements. There's suppose to be decent weather next week. But just a heads up. We are so dry here that IF it rains prepare for a mess and humidity. Enjoy your time here.

Thanks!  I'm just hoping we get some cool weather toward the end of the show.  It has been years since we had frozen hoses and dustings of snow in November here in Huntersville.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 98 Cherokee lifted beastie tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 08:06 AM »
The booth is all set up, and all we have to do today is get some potted flowers for the front of the booth...and then pick up some marshmallows and snack bags (and a bank) for the weekend.

It is supposed to be a LOT cooler tomorrow and Sunday, thank God!

Kev

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 07:13 AM »
We had the best and busiest opening day at the Carolina Renaissance Festival we ever had since we started doing this show!  Lets hope today is nearly as good!

Kev

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 06:06 PM »
This weekend wasn't as good as last weekend...but we did great on Saturday.  It rained all day today though, so Patti stayed home with the pups, and I worked the booth.  We didn't make a lot of money, but we had fun!

This coming week is "hell week."  Three student days in a row.  I spent all this week building catapults and prepping parts for more catapults...so in between student days and Monday and Friday, I'll get all the catapults done that I need to get done for next weekend.

Kev

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoyingall the benefitsFull Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

* Salvage Yards

Find
RV Salvage Yards

By STATE

Campround Map

Instantly get info on thousands of campgrounds all