The Best Value In 6 Volt RV Batteries?

Started by Jamo, September 13, 2019, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamo

I need two new coach batteries for my '89 Chieftain. Anybody know of a good brand that isn't too expensive?

John
"In your guts you know he's nuts"

Rickf1985

First off, do you want two 6 volt or two 12 volt batteries? What type of battery are you looking for? You will need deep cycle or AGM or for the best of the rest you want Lithium.

Jamo

I want two six volt batteries. I found some (Trojan) that were #350 each and some from Costco for about $100. Are the AGM batteries expensive?
"In your guts you know he's nuts"

Rickf1985

AGM batteries are gel batteries and are between lead acid and lithium in price. Here is a site that will give you all you ever wanted to know about batteries and more.

http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

ClydesdaleKevin

Stick with the Trojan T-105 batteries.  Best bang for the buck, bar none...and outperform our old Interstates by a longshot.  We get ours from The Battery Guy, and he only charges 110.00 each...and they deliver if they are near you!  They are all over the country, so give them a call or check out their website.  602-663-5870 ( www.thebatteryguy.com ).

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on September 13, 2019, 07:56 PM
Stick with the Trojan T-105 batteries.  Best bang for the buck, bar none...and outperform our old Interstates by a longshot.  We get ours from The Battery Guy, and he only charges 110.00 each...and they deliver if they are near you!  They are all over the country, so give them a call or check out their website.  602-663-5870 ( www.thebatteryguy.com ).

Kev

Correction...I thought they were all over the country.  They are based in the Southwest.  Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas.  They are looking to expand into Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana as well.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.