Author Topic: My Project 1976 D21  (Read 43252 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

• I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1976
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: D21 Brave
  • Chassis: M-300
  • Engine: 440-3
Re: My Project 1976 D21
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Well she ran flawless up to our spot I don't know if it's a mental thing but it seemed much smoother and seemed to have quite a bit more power than before .. Only time will tell and as I get this totally dialed in I'm sure it will get even better..

Returned home today and unpacked. The best I can tell I got about 6.5mpg that's the best I've seen so far on her

Online Rickf1985

• Year: 1989
  • Model: Chieftain
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2016, 06:54 PM »
Just a hint here, pulling the battery cable with it running is a real good way to fry the alternator, regulator and/or anything hooked up to it when it gets that couple hundred volt spike. The battery acts as a buffer for voltage spikes and keeps everything on an even keel.

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Well a bit of an update.. The insurance company deemed the motorhome a total loss long story short  I keep the Winnie and a $3200 dollar check..
So Now time to really get moving on the renovation of the Ole gal .. I'm taking it out for one last trip this week... Boondocking for 5 days...once I return I will start picking up rest of materials for upcoming projects.

First off I'm pulling aluminum roof  gonna overlay roof with another layer of Luann plywood and then new rubber membrane..
Next install new bath fan and vent, sewer pipe vent, and new AC
Then time to set the new running lights in bumper , then ALS line bumper. And start on ALS lining the complete exterior this will be completed in stages
finally install new awning and led rgb + w strip lighting

There is tons more plans including a complete revamp of interior starting from back to front but I'm doing it a bit at a time... The insurance Money will be completely reinvested and should be almost enough to finish her out  and have a completely renewed rig by spring

STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES AND PICS
does anyone have a good resource for rebuilding the windows in this sucker (possibly some sort of tutorial and possibly a source for the parts needed)

Online Rickf1985

« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2016, 09:36 AM »
Do you have any idea of how much weight you will add by adding all of that lining to the entire vehicle?!!!  That stuff is quite heavy.

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Not sure on total weight Rick. I guess I could weigh product before hand and get an idea.. The liner is heavy but also those weights deplaned on how thick you put it on it can go up to 60mils I'm thinking 15-20 mils should be ok ... If I reskinned using luaun and filon siding I think the weights would be 20-25% of each other.. I'll look at weight of liner per gallon and can get a rough idea when I get home

Online Rickf1985

« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2016, 12:32 PM »
Don't forget, of you are reskinning you are also removing the old stuff first so keep that in the equation.

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2018, 11:42 PM »
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...
Life is full of ups and downs and the past 18 months has been just one adventure after another.. But good things are coming in the future..  So far after the Winnie being totaled we decided to keep it... i was close to taking insurance money as a down payment and buying one of the newer Classics. So the main bath vent and fan has been replaced and the Winnie is now watertight again.. Next i took insurance money and purchase a lot of parts to help with restoring as well as updating the Winnie. Mostly creature comfort and updated stuff . New stereo awning lights driving lights new tails , backup camera etc... Also picked up a small electric fuel pump to help aid the fuel system just in case we needed it.....
THEN THE BIG WHAMMY
I got offered the opportunity of a lifetime a new but great job with a awesome company and a substantial pay increase..BUT we are required to relocate to Denver area... So we decided to go for it.. Denver here we come... The Winnie was driven out east of town to my inlaws full of parts and parked..... did have a slight miss on the way out which was concerning but i have bigger fish to fry..

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2018, 12:06 AM »

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12 AM »

Offline Winnebago Warrior 94

• Year: 1994
  • Make: winnebago
  • Model: Warrior
  • Chassis: chevy
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2018, 09:52 PM »
Sounds like y'all got,it,going on ..we went out to rocky mountain national park so I've,been close,to,the,area,you moved to..pretty out there ..glad your Winnie made it to your new house site ..glad all is good ..for for some reason o dont see your photos of your rig ....not sure if its just,me or they dissappwred ..ill be,glad when we get to go camping in my Winnebago

Offline Myke

• Year: 1975
  • Model: Brave D21
  • Chassis: Dodge
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Hey there, it seems as though i can't see any of the photos in the entire post.  I was wondering if you did indeed end up using Al's Liner on your rig and would love to see a photo of that, I am thinking about doing the same to mine.

Thanks

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoyingall the benefitsFull Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a: