Classic Winnebagos Jamboree!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, August 01, 2019, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

We NEED to have an annual Classic Winnebagos Jamboree again!  Preferably near our leader Mark!  Maybe even at Nittany Mountain again!  For me, the best schedule for one would be in late June/early July.  Common Mark!  Make this happen!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

BrandonMc

I'd attend, if it's somewhere a little more central - like Colorado or Wyoming.  :)       

khantroll

I'd certainly love to attend. I can't swear I'd be able to (finances and such, depending on where it is), but I'd try my best!

ClydesdaleKevin

Maybe it would be a good idea to set up regional Jamborees, with the primary Jamboree being somewhere in the northeast, since our leader lives in PA...and out of deference, the primary Jamboree should be close to where Mark lives so he can attend and officiate.

Then members that live in other regions can set up their own mini-Jamborees so fellow members that live within a few hundred miles can attend those ones instead.

Just a thought!

Kev

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

khantroll

That'd be a great idea! We could have the South Central Jamboree, Jamboree West, etc!

c farmer

Were do I sign up???   I am in Pa.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: c farmer on August 26, 2019, 10:04 PM
Were do I sign up???   I am in Pa.

You would be attending the main Jamboree, since Mark also lives in PA.  He works a LOT of hours, but we'll hash this all out over the next year.  Anyone that wants to volunteer is most welcome! 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: khantroll on August 26, 2019, 07:10 PM
That'd be a great idea! We could have the South Central Jamboree, Jamboree West, etc!

Right?  But we need reliable volunteers to set up Jamborees in their region.  If you want to lead/run a regional Jam, keep watching this post!  It will be updated over the next year as Mark...who is VERY busy and works a LOT of hours...hashes out the details for a main Jam.  I'm just a volunteer, so I defer to Mark when it comes right down to it.  Just be ready to volunteer, and he'll let us know the details of how it should be properly done.

Kev

c farmer

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on August 26, 2019, 10:58 PM
You would be attending the main Jamboree, since Mark also lives in PA.  He works a LOT of hours, but we'll hash this all out over the next year.  Anyone that wants to volunteer is most welcome! 

Kev

Just let me know if I can help.

Oz

I do work an unbelievable schedule.
I'd tell you what it is but, you wouldn't believe me.  :D

I tried regional jams, but the only one that really worked out was in the northeast.  Obvious reasons.  Most number of members located closer wikt least distances to travel.

However, I would gladly do my best to begin to organize jamborees wherever and wherever is best for our members.

No need to be close to me just because I'm the Oz, lol!

And, other members are most certainly qelcome and encouraged to take the initiative.

I can bring back the jamboree message board.  Polls are a good start...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

c farmer

LIke I said I can help, I am in Pa.

Oz

I'll be addressing this come late fall.  That will give us plenty of time to organize!

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Oz on September 01, 2019, 11:42 AM
I'll be addressing this come late fall.  That will give us plenty of time to organize!

:) :)ThmbUp

Yay!!!

LJ-TJ

Anybody out there got a farm with a pond that would be willing to host it? Hm?

c farmer

Quote from: LJ-TJ on September 01, 2019, 08:22 PM
Anybody out there got a farm with a pond that would be willing to host it? Hm?

I have a very unlevel farm without a pond.    LOL

khantroll

I've been putting a couple of feelers out TJ. If we do it down here I might be able to come up with something. 'Course, that'd be the only benefit to having the southern or central rally here...

There are a few other candidates near me that might be possible. There is a KOA in Branson, MO that already does a vintage trailer rally annually (I will say Winnebagos were sadly under-represented at the last one). There is also Wonderlust in Eureka Springs where I am going in a couple of weeks. There are two nice options near Hot Springs as well. Oklahoma has Tenkiller and Robbers Cave as good possibilities for inexpensive sites. Pretty much ever place mentioned except for the KOA at Branson would be relatively inexpensive.