Other Topics > Travel Blogs

Sterling, New York, 2019!

(1/4) > >>

ClydesdaleKevin:
Vacation is officially over, and we are back to work!

Saturday and yesterday was the opening weekend at the Sterling Renaissance Festival, in upstate New York.

Saturday was slow because it rained a bit, and then it was hot and humid...but Sunday was pretty good!

Today we are taking the pups to go swimming at Lake Ontario in Fairhaven, NY (about 2 miles from here), and that is pretty much it.

Then tomorrow I have to drive up to Oswego to get materials and start cutting out parts for a huge run of catapults.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
The first two weekends are done here at the Sterling Renaissance Festival, and we are doing great!  Today I have to mail out an oak trebuchet, and then we are taking the pups to Lake Ontario for a swim.  They sure do love the water!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
The third weekend was okay...but DANG was it hot on Saturday!  Good lord!

Then today, the hot water stopped working.  No water pressure at any faucet when turned to hot (not even the shower fixture), but normal pressure on cold.  After doing some research and troubleshooting, it turns out that it is the "check valve" on the back of the water heater.  Thankfully, I can reach it from inside to replace it.  I'm going to replace the Flair-It bypass valve while I'm at it, since it has a very slow leak from the shutoff handle.  So tomorrow morning I'll drive down to the RV parts place and get another check valve.  Fun fun fun!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
Ah the joys of owning a 25 year old rig.  Yesterday morning, I noticed the shower hose leaking where it goes into the fixture, and went to tighten it...and SNAP!  The threaded bung that comes out of the faucet broke off.    So after I get my catapult parts cut out today, and get some oak machine pieces clamped up to dry...it will be off to the RV dealer again to get the shower fixture.  The check valve for my hot water heater should be in today as well.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin:
The shower faucet/fixture is replaced, and the new water heater check valve and a new bypass valve is installed, and everything works!  That hot shower felt great!  I had to replace the bypass valve while I was at it because it started dripping when I turned it to troubleshoot the no-hot-water problem.

Now back to building catapults!

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version