House battery

Started by c farmer, July 07, 2019, 04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c farmer

How many should my 82 have and how should they be hooked up to charge.?   I just got this 2 years ago and it has one chassis battery and one house battery.  The house battery doesnt charge.  And nothing works on DC execpt the generator. 

Thanks
Adam

Rickf1985

Generally you will have one chassis battery for the engine and two house batteries for the coach. The house batteries are usually hooked together in parallel and then run to the power center and converter. You will need to go the members area and then go to converters and look up which converter you have and see if you can trace out the wiring between the diagrams and looking at what you have.

c farmer

Quote from: Rickf1985 on July 07, 2019, 05:09 PM
Generally you will have one chassis battery for the engine and two house batteries for the coach. The chassis batteries are usually hooked together in parallel and then run to the power center and converter. You will need to go the members area and then go to converters and look up which converter you have and see if you can trace out the wiring between the diagrams and looking at what you have.

Thanks.  I have trouble with the member stuff.   I will just use jumper cables till I figure it out

Rickf1985

What brand and model converter do you have?

BamBam

Quote from: Rickf1985 on July 07, 2019, 05:09 PM
Generally you will have one chassis battery for the engine and two house batteries for the coach. The chassis batteries are usually hooked together in parallel and then run to the power center and converter.

Rick- Do you realize that you contradicted yourself here with the chassis batteries? Might want to fix it.

Rickf1985

Quote from: BamBam on July 08, 2019, 12:12 PM

Rick- Do you realize that you contradicted yourself here with the chassis batteries? Might want to fix it.

I do now, D:oH!  Fixed and thanks for the catch. :-[

DaveVA78Chieftain

You should always grab all the information available at Winnebago for your coach to help answer these sort of questions:

Brochure

Operators Manual

Parts Catalog

Parts Info;  I think the motorhome e-mail addy listed on this page will help with diagrams for pre 1990 rigs.

Wiring (1990 and later models)

Plumbing (1990 and later models)

[move][/move]

Rickf1985

Just when I think I have found every Winnebago manual and file out there you show up with stuff I don't have. D:oH!

DaveVA78Chieftain

There are hundreds of files in that grouping.  Look at the bottom right of the Brochure page for additional info. and links.  The Winnebago catalog is a wonder book.

When looking at parts books for a given rig, always look to see if there is a "Common Parts Book" also.  Sometimes you may have to back and forth a year to find that one little jewel.

Don't forget the Service Tips link either.  Many of those little tips apply to the older rigs even though Winnebago is trying forget hundreds of Classic Winnebagos are still happily on the road.
[move][/move]