Looking for Ceiling/Under cabinet mount type Stereo speakers for Amerigo

Started by RedneckExpress, July 15, 2019, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedneckExpress

Look for some Ceiling mounted / Under Cabinet hanging speakers to use in our Amerigo restoration to go with the new stereo system.   We're not looking for the kind that go fully into the ceiling or walls "flush".   We're not interested in bluetooth speakers, as we already have a nice 2 DIN Bluetooth Pioneer stereo for the camper, we just need to see what brands of speakers are good quality these days that are wired.   

Sadly, our local go-to for car stereos doesn't stock these kinds of speakers anymore, and finding what to call them specifically has been a bit of a challenge.   The example below is a surround speaker, we're hoping to find a decent sound quality compact that mounts in a similar method.   

We're looking for a pair that we plan to install in the corners of our dinette on the underside of the overhead cabinet.
Follow along with me as I full-time the Redneck Way in [url=http://

TerryH

I don't know a lot about audio systems and do not know how or if this may work for you.
When I changed my original CRT TV and it's location to a larger - but by today's standards small - flat screen I found it to have a problem common to many who do the same.
The tiny speakers in the flat screen direct sound out the rear. Turn the volume up to the desired level, it becomes distorted.
I use a set of powered computer speakers that plug into the headphone jack on the TV, USB powered. Work great, excellent sound, never need to turn them up beyond half way.
There are many high quality, small size very reasonably priced computer speaker systems available.
Again, I know little about audio systems, but may be worth looking into.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

RedneckExpress

Quote from: TerryH on July 16, 2019, 03:01 AM
I don't know a lot about audio systems and do not know how or if this may work for you.
When I changed my original CRT TV and it's location to a larger - but by today's standards small - flat screen I found it to have a problem common to many who do the same.
The tiny speakers in the flat screen direct sound out the rear. Turn the volume up to the desired level, it becomes distorted.
I use a set of powered computer speakers that plug into the headphone jack on the TV, USB powered. Work great, excellent sound, never need to turn them up beyond half way.
There are many high quality, small size very reasonably priced computer speaker systems available.
Again, I know little about audio systems, but may be worth looking into.

Thanks :) , sadly, most home PC speakers are pre-amped, and usually too low an impedance / wattage rating to safely use with a standard car stereo (We already have a nice Pioneer CD/AM/FM/USB/Bluetooth double din stereo receiver for the unit).   We're recreating the optional stereo configuration that you used to be able to order the Amerigo line with back in the 70s, but relocating the stereo into a large dead space cavity above the rear tilt out bed and mounting the speakers in the original configuration to reduce space waste inside the above dinette cabinets. 
Follow along with me as I full-time the Redneck Way in [url=http://

ClydesdaleKevin

You could always build your own speaker boxes that would mount like that...and then you can select any speakers you wanted, even Boston Acoustics or Bose.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.