Cleaning dirt out of outside access points?

Started by Ericb760, June 26, 2019, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ericb760

My '89 Chieftain has spent it's life in the deserts of Southern California. As such, every nook and cranny on the outside is caked with dirt and sand. The refrigerator access, water access, water heater access, are all in need of a deep clean. How do I do that? I have tried to brush as much of it as I can away, but even more remains. Should I use compressed air to blow it loose and then shop-vac it up? I would hate to damage anything, especially around the fridge.
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Ericb760 on June 26, 2019, 02:14 PM
My '89 Chieftain has spent it's life in the deserts of Southern California. As such, every nook and cranny on the outside is caked with dirt and sand. The refrigerator access, water access, water heater access, are all in need of a deep clean. How do I do that? I have tried to brush as much of it as I can away, but even more remains. Should I use compressed air to blow it loose and then shop-vac it up? I would hate to damage anything, especially around the fridge.

A shop vac and an assortment of stiff nylon bristle brushes...and a plastic scraper.  Just take your time so you don't damage anything.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Ericb760

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on June 26, 2019, 06:33 PM
A shop vac and an assortment of stiff nylon bristle brushes...and a plastic scraper.  Just take your time so you don't damage anything.

Kev

Thanks. I figured that would be the best way.
1989 Winnie Chieftain 28'