1988 Minnie Winnie roof structures

Started by machias, June 21, 2019, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

machias

Removed the original Winegard and I'm left with the old hole from the antenna crank.

I decided that adding a vent there was the best option instead of patching the roof, and coming up with something artistic for the interior.

So (ideally) the new vent goes over the crank hole + old screw locations but I need to know if and/or where there are cross member supports running thru that area. I'll try a stud locator set on the deep setting but it's an all aluminum roof. Possible they're steel so I can locate them with a magnet or are they wood?

420RG Chevy rig so 20'9" feet long. Hoping there's something out there that gives me a dimension from the rear end to the first cross member then center-to-center for the rest, so I'm not totally blind before I start cutting.

Thanks much in advance!

ClydesdaleKevin

Carefully and slowly use a jigsaw.  You will KNOW when you get to far in either direction when it hits something solid. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.