Clearance Lights,Marker lights

Started by LJ-TJ, June 18, 2019, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

It's me again! Now here's a challenge. I don't know if all 1975 Winnebgo Braves have the same wiring system as in colored wires but! None of my clearance lights work. I've seen diagrams were there all hooked together but I can't seem to find the wires that hook them all up and were the start point is for the electricity. Anybody got any idea what color they are or were to start to track them down. Thanks guys.  D:oH! Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

EDIT: Opps, forgot to say the circuit is 20 amp fused on the Dodge fuse panel (steering column mounted) as RUN LPS.  This fuse is the main power feed to the Presence Lamp Relay.  Relay is controlled by headlight switch.  This arrangement prevents the full clearance lamp /tail light amperage load from running through the headlight switch.

Be aware most of the Clearance Light wiring (Dodge circuit L10*-16BN) runs in the top of the walls front to back.
You are going to need the 74/75 Electrical wiring diagram (Members area) to trace the Dodge chassis side

The 74/75 D23L wiring diagrams (Members area) shows:

1. Main wire runs down the top of the left side.
2. Winnebago wiring to Light Switch tap leg drops down from the top of the wall behind Drivers side window then forward to the Presence Lamp Relay (I think it is mounted to the steering column support bracket) which is controlled by the dash switch.  This is via a couple of Dodge wiring connectors at the base of the steering column.
3. On both front and back, the "daisy chain" across the top goes from left to right.

Given none work, my initial guess is an under dash or light switch problem.
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp  Thanks Dave, Unfortunately I can't seem to get into the members area.

cosmic

just a thought but can you run a wire off the back of the switch to jump the lights so to say.. this would tell you right away that the switch is pooched...