Antifreeze bottle

Started by c farmer, June 04, 2019, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c farmer

I need a new bottle and headlight switch I think.  82 p30 chassis.   Can I look for a 82 2500 or 3500 truck parts?

Thanks
Adam

ClydesdaleKevin

A universal coolant bottle will work just fine for the P-30 chassis if you don't want to chase ghosts in graveyards for another old brittle factory bottle. 

Headlight switch will be pretty universal for dash mounted switches by year.  If it is on the steering column, it might be proprietary, and if they don't make it anymore you'll need to scour junkyards.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

c farmer

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on June 04, 2019, 10:40 PM
A universal coolant bottle will work just fine for the P-30 chassis if you don't want to chase ghosts in graveyards for another old brittle factory bottle. 

Headlight switch will be pretty universal for dash mounted switches by year.  If it is on the steering column, it might be proprietary, and if they don't make it anymore you'll need to scour junkyards.

Kev

Thanks.  I thought I could get a new bottle aftermarket.   Yes a dash mount switch.   Just look for one from a chevy truck from '82?

Elandan2

I used a one gallon gas can and mounted it on a battery tray. That was about 18 years ago and it has been perfect ever since. Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck