How do I hook up batteries 1986 454 7.4 p30?

Started by PamIAm, May 09, 2019, 08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PamIAm

How are my batteries supposed to be hooked up? 1 vehicle battery and 2 auxillary.

TerryH

There are two ways to connect your two house batteries - series and parallel.
Depends on your actual batteries, what you wish to achieve e.g. how you will use them, where they are located, and what cables are there now.
A few photos would also help a lot.
Realize you are under a time constraint, but more info is required for those here to assist you properly.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

PamIAm

I have  2 cellinoids labeled chassis and one that the vehicle rv and house battery is connected to. Then theres a cellinoid by my alternator. I have a 1986 fleetwood pace arrow and had someone under the hood that apparently did not understand rv's.
I used to on my engine battery have one positive going up to what i believe is starter aid cellinoid? And one negative grounded to motor.
Then on my house batteries it looks like they are hooked together and each have a positive comingoff and several negatives

TerryH

This link is general info re your AC service - suggested reading:
http://www.myrv.us/electric/

This may help regarding your batteries and understanding the various connections possible:
https://www.usbattery.com/info-center/configuration/

Regardless, and no disrespect intended, the descriptions in your posts are, to me, somewhat convoluted.
There are many here far more knowledgeable than I who may be and are fully willing to help you, but I suspect photos would be beneficial to them and to describing to you how to achieve your desired results.

Do you have the manufacturer supplied Owner's Manual? It should explain the battery designation and charging system.
Your house batteries are not the same as your engine battery. Your house batteries likely can be used as an emergency back up to your engine/start battery, but never the reverse.
Again, photos are a huge help in giving assistance.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Your descriptions of the battery hook ups are fairly accurate so I kind of just need to see what you have and what you need. I will pm you my e-mail address, check your " My Mail" for the notice.

PamIAm

Terry H. I do have the manuals but do not underztand them.

TerryH

Rick is very experienced with issues such as yours. It would be a good idea to take him up on his offer.
Approx. 3 inches below the top of this page you will see a list beginning with 'Home' and ending with 'logout'. Click on 'My Mail' and you will see his PM (Personal Message) to you.
Keep in mind he is away today.
Albus Dumbledore

TerryH

Albus Dumbledore

TerryH

Go to the top and read down thru the posts.
Albus Dumbledore

PamIAm

Ive read from top to bottom. I did email Rick. I checked liks. And im needing more info then battery to battery. I need that yes but where do they hook after that. I appreciate all the help i can get. There will be more posts from me after batteries are right. Ive been broke down in Phoenix for 6 weeks.now.

Rickf1985

Is the cause of your breakdown related to the batteries and electrical system?

circleD

As for the batteries you'll have the one that cranks "Chassis" and one or two back in the Coach area. Mine were underneath on my HR. If they're 6 volt then series. 12 volt parallel. And you might have thick rectangle box with the alternator wire going to the middle along with a battery wire going to the chassis then the other one for coach. This keeps the batteries from draining each other. I'm sure Rick has filled you in by now. Keep the grounds clean so you'll have good electrical current. Corrosion is the biggest issue on these old rigs.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.