Oven restoration

Started by Rickf1985, May 05, 2019, 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I have an interesting question. In my Winnebago over the winter I had a tree take out the power wire to my house and put 220 volts into all of my 110 volt outlets. Well, the RV was plugged in so the microwave is now toast. It took out the power thermister which I replaced but that did not fix the problem so it must have taken out other stuff in the process. I was lucky to fix the microwave in the house that way. So anyway the one in the RV is a Convection Micro made in 1988 and replacing it would cost upwards of 400.00. Not going to happen so I am entertaining the idea of taking the stove out of my Pace Arrow and putting it into the Winnebago which only has a cooktop but has the space under the cooktop for a stove. Basically it would be a slip in. The stove in the Pace had some mouse damage under the burner top which I can fix with cleaning, sanding and painting but I suspect they probably stole the insulation from between the stove and the outer casing. My question is this, does anyone know what insulation would be used there?

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Bingo! Thanks Kevin. Why didn't I think of that? You can find ANYTHING at Amazon!!! :D

By the way, this is the oven I offered to you a couple years back.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on May 06, 2019, 08:15 AM
Bingo! Thanks Kevin. Why didn't I think of that? You can find ANYTHING at Amazon!!! :D

By the way, this is the oven I offered to you a couple years back.

Excellent!  Let us know how hard it was to change out the insulation.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Going to be a bit, have to take care of a cancer issue before any large projects unfortunately.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on May 06, 2019, 09:39 AM
Going to be a bit, have to take care of a cancer issue before any large projects unfortunately.

Yikes!  You okay bro?

Kev