Arizona to Utah, 2019!

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, April 08, 2019, 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

While still in Arizona, I installed a new propane regulator, an Extend-A-Stay, and a longer propane hose.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Since you were showing off your Redhawk I figured I would pop in a pic of my Blackhawk.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on April 16, 2019, 01:18 PM
Since you were showing off your Redhawk I figured I would pop in a pic of my Blackhawk.

Nice!  .30 Carbine in a pistol is a good cartridge...although they are on the expensive side now to shoot.  I have a Blackhawk in .357 Magnum as well, blued with a polished brass grip frame.  Great guns, and fun to shoot!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

I was able to pick up the thermostat from the Post Office, and installed it when I got home.  The furnace now works! 

:)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap

Kev

Aaarrghh

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on April 16, 2019, 03:10 PM
I was able to pick up the thermostat from the Post Office, and installed it when I got home.  The furnace now works! 

:)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap

Kev
Yay!

Berlin-Tioga

ClydesdaleKevin

I decided to run the furnace for a couple of hours this morning...partly because it is cold outside, but mostly to get that old burning dust smell out of the ducts...lol!  The smell is gone now, but years of dust doesn't smell all that good. 

It works great!  There is even a small duct in the bathroom...which was nice.   :D

Kev

tmsnyder

In 30 carbine? That's fantastic.   Great round to reload.

ClydesdaleKevin

We took the pups on an 18 mile Jeep ride through the Fishlake National Forest today, in Beaver, UT.  WOW was it beautiful!  We stopped often and let the pups play in the streams...which are overflowing from the snow melt.  We all had an amazing time!

We are going to go again before we leave here...and THIS time we'll bring the camera!  Astounding beauty!

Kev

Aaarrghh

Are you staying at an RV resort there?

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Aaarrghh on April 19, 2019, 07:18 PM
Are you staying at an RV resort there?

KOA...Only because it is cheap in the off season.  But now that I know about all the cheap/free places to camp here, that will be our plan for next year. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Some RVers are weird...lol!  So the dog walk area at this KOA is over by the main building, right next to the entry doors for the men's and lady's rooms.  And SO many RVers, with big new or almost new RVs, that are paying for full hook ups...don't use the bathrooms in their RVs!  I personally think that is one of the best things about camping in an RV...the ability to use your own shower and toilet.  I don't get it.

Hm?

Kev

Rickf1985

I stopped at an "RV park" one time in my truck camper back when I still had my German Shepherd. I was traveling so I was only staying one day, I went out for a walk with the dog and I was amazed. It was a full park but it was a ghost town. This is summer in Western Pa. and it was a beautiful evening in in the low 80's. As I am walking the dog I can see all these people looking out of their air conditioned RV's sort of hiding behind the curtains as I go by with their little toy poodles and Chihuahuas yapping away in there. I ran into ONE other person walking his dog, ironically a big Doberman and another truck camper and he was at the other end of the campground and he told me the same thing as he came through. These people "Say" they are camping but they are just driving their million dollar homes around. They do the same thing at home I am sure.
This is why the campgrounds can charge so much money and exclude older campers. They LOVE those types of RV people because the campground owners do not have to do anything at all besides provide power and a dump station.  No cleaning up after campers and no maintenance on the facilities since they are never used anyway.

Aaarrghh

Places like that might be mortified to hear you call it a 'campground.'  It's an 'RV Resort,' don't ya know?

There is an old campground near my home base that changed its' name to 'Something RV Resort' and the prices went up astronomical. Well, they probably probably get the business, or they wouldn't charge the prices. Don't look at me though, I'll never be caught there. It's primitive national forest campgrounds, I like. They're the best.

yellowrecve

I like the Arizona BLM lands. It's a mix of people & RVs and their friendly visitors.Les
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

ClydesdaleKevin

I also prefer the BLM lands and national forests...but the problem with being up here in Utah so early is that none of them open until May.  I did find a few free places near here that folks are already camping in with their RVs...so that will more than likely be our plan for next year.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

So we got word last night from the small fair in Ogden, UT that we will be vending at for three weekends in May (the last three weekends) and they informed us that the camping area at the fair is pretty darn muddy from all the rain they got.  So we decided to pay for one more week here at the Beaver, UT KOA, and we'll be leaving here on May 1st. 

I did manage to acquire an oval call sign sticker for the back of the Jeep that says "I Love Beaver."  Great little town!  Careful with the jokes though...this is a family website.   ;)

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We took the pups on another Jeep excursion through Fishlake National Forest today.  They had a blast, as we pulled over often into picnic areas and let them run around and chase sticks.  The roads to all the lakes are still closed, but they were still able to play in a lot of mountain run-off streams.  It is gorgeous here in this part of Utah!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We decided to stay 2 more days here in Beaver, UT, since it rained like crazy the last two days.  Today we got all of the laundry done...and tomorrow will be one last trip to the shooting range. 

And then Friday we'll top off the propane (which they sell here at the KOA), and drive the last 200 miles or so to Ogden, UT to set up camp and start setting up for the Renaissance Faire.

Kev

DaveVA78Chieftain

Don't forget sand and metal leaf covers to use for traction in the mud!   :D
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Today is our last morning here in Beaver, UT.  So after our morning coffee, I'll load up and hook up the Jeep, batten down everything inside the RV, check all the fluids and tires pressures, and then drive over to the propane station at this KOA and top off the propane.

And then we have a short 200 mile trip to Ogden, UT, where we'll stay the night at the Flying J, and then roll into camp at the Faire and start setting up for our next show, which starts next weekend.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Safe touchdown at the Flying J in Ogden, UT!  The Faire is only 2 exits away from us, so we'll pull in tomorrow and start setting up for next weekend.

I'm not going to bother starting a new thread until we leave Utah on our way back East...so I'm just going to leave this one as is.  If I can figure out how to change the title of the thread, it will be just Utah, 2019.

Kev

c farmer

I dont reply often but check in every day.   Loving your trip.

HandyDan

Glad you made it.  I guess you are starting to love that diesel.  Good luck with the faire.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

We are all set up in camp!  It is going to be a month of boondocking, so we'll see if just two batteries are up to the task.  We have great southern exposure sunlight, so the 400 watts of panels don't seem to have any problems keeping up with demand...so far.

We also sprang a brake fluid leak that I noticed when we pulled in...up near the master cylinder.  It is dripping down onto the front leaf spring, and the reservoir was low.  I'm going to have to troubleshoot and fix that before we leave, and then figure out how to bleed the system.  Fun! 

Kev