How would you decode this?

Started by BamBam, March 19, 2019, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBam

I'm lookin at ad's for rigs and I came across this one. I haven't called and played 20 questions yet, and want to get a feel of what might be wrong? In the description he says. "[font=]The reason itââ,¬â,,¢s so inexpensive is that it has electrical issues......the fridge, ac, heater and outlets donââ,¬â,,¢t work properly. Iââ,¬â,,¢ve lived in it for the past 3 years and have made it work for me w a portable fridge, heater and ac and have it plugged into an electrical outlet w extension cords and power strips. The stove and oven do work good (propane working well) as well as the water pump. (Septic working well) Itââ,¬â,,¢s  dry and comfortable!!" [/font]
[font=]What would you think the problem might be???? I'm thinkin the inverter?[/font]
[font=]What's y'all think might be the problem here? Discuss.[/font]

Rickf1985

Could be a ton of things, the heater is usually 12 volt and the fridge will go 12 or 120. So is it just the 120 or is it both. What year and brand? Most vehicles do not have invertors from the factory. Converters to charge the batteries and run 12 volt stuff yes but that would not affect the 110 circuits. Not much to the 110 circuit besides the circuit panel and breakers. Loose connections are the usual problem there. Really need more info.

BamBam

I'm still learnin on how all this stuff works Rick. It's a 92, 7 Sea's by Ford, Class C unit. All I know is what's said in the ad, and I haven't called yet. Just wanted to get a feel of what might be wrong without wasting the guys time. So it could be as easy as just loose connections, and maybe some corroded terminals as well? I can deal with that!

tmsnyder

I wouldn't try to fix it before buying it, makes it harder to negotiate :)rotflmao

BamBam

Quote from: tmsnyder on March 21, 2019, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't try to fix it before buying it, makes it harder to negotiate :)rotflmao

I heard that! I have no intentions on doing that, that's for sure!