bought a 1975 gmc fluery ,900 miles to get home what could go wrong?

Started by iamcaper, March 04, 2019, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcaper

Rickf1985

Welcome and I have to say the sideways radiator is rather innovative. That is some real out of the box thinking there. Those prices you were quoted were flat out robbery! Rather unique RV also. How are the tires on it? I don't know if I would fly in and just drive off in something that old.

iamcaper

Quote from: Rickf1985 on March 04, 2019, 01:24 PM
Welcome and I have to say the sideways radiator is rather innovative. That is some real out of the box thinking there. Those prices you were quoted were flat out robbery! Rather unique RV also. How are the tires on it? I don't know if I would fly in and just drive off in something that old.

thanks for checking it out.   sometimes I feel like I need my head examined, but life is an adventure.
just got front seats re upholstered  new dinette cushions will put new rubber on before the kids get in ââ,¬Â¦ restoration coming up soon as weather breaks

again thanks!

tmsnyder

Love the video, hats off to you for getting her back on the road so quickly, adapt, improvise, overcome!

iamcaper

Rickf1985

I would research an aluminum radiator in the size you need. They make them in all kinds of universal sizes and mounting types.

iamcaper

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao What a great adventure. What a great video.What a great story. What a Grrrrreat Rig. Don't forget to keep the pictures coming or videos. Brought back a lot of memories. We drove to Sublet Kansas from Tillsonburg Ontario Canada to pickup our 1975 Winnebago Brave. We wanted a Winnebago that never had a roof airconditioner on it as well as one that was spotless under neath. Quebec, Montreal! Wow! Buying something out of Quebec is an adventure in it's self. It's the wild west in buying stuff. You never know what your going to get until you get there. You now know why others think were bonkers. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the funny farm. Oh! Remember here the only dumb question is the one you don't ask.

iamcaper

ClydesdaleKevin

Fun video!  We have had quite a few of those "adventures" over the years. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

iamcaper

thanks kevin, ,hopefully more to come...cheers and thanks!

iamcaper

Quote from: LJ-TJ on March 05, 2019, 09:05 AM

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao 
Buying something out of Quebec is an adventure in it's self. It's the wild west in buying stuff.

you aint kidden about the Quebec being the wild west.    when I got there they informed me they had papers from BC where they bought it. what a mess.   bc title is an insurance document.  I don't know if I would buy out of Quebec again .

ibdilbert01

What a GREAT story you'll get to keep with this rig as long as you own it!   Its all about the memories!  ;)
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

iamcaper