fuel capacity for 76 chieftain winnebago and propane tank

Started by DON, February 28, 2019, 02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DON

Would anyone know the fuel capacity of my 76 winnebago chieftain.  The main and aux.  Also the propane tank capacity.  I have searched the forum, but no answers.  I tried to locate online, but no luck. Any charts on specifications for that year?  Thank you.  Can take guess, but would like to know for sure.

Rickf1985

Have you tried contacting Winnebago? They have a lot of info on their older units. Sometimes they might even have history on that particular unit.

https://winnebagoind.com/

LJ-TJ

Hey Don, I have a 1975 21'Brave with a rear tank and a main tank. The rear tank holds 36 U.S. Gallons and the rear tank holds 32 U.S. Gallons. Hope this helps

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

DON

Thank you.  I just talked to winnebago.  They tried, but their archives only go back to 80's. 

Rickf1985

Unfortunate, They must be unloading stuff. They used to go back to the 60's. It would be a shame to find out that they destroyed the paperwork instead of donating it to someone who would continue to maintain it but that is not how big companies work.

LJ-TJ

I just checked on the brochure I have and it says your main tank is 36 U.S. gallons.

DON

tmsnyder

Rick their lawyers probably told it would be safer to destroy the files instead of putting it out in the public realm.

Rickf1985

Yes, heaven forbid that someone may sue them for poor design from 40-50 years ago. W%  I don't think that would be it since they readily have given out that information many times.