1990 Super Chief 27RQ cabinet information

Started by Michael1940, February 27, 2019, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael1940

Hi all, new here, but an old RVer.
Iââ,¬â,,¢m in the process of purchasing a 1990 Super Chief 27ââ,¬â,,¢, but the owner is off on vacation right now so donââ,¬â,,¢t want to bother them.
After looking at the pictures supplied to me and the information supplied by Winnebago I can not find a silverware drawer anywhere. I know theres a big drawer under the 4 burner stove, but that overkill I would think. So whatââ,¬â,,¢s behind the double doors below the sink.
The coach is a twin bed model and thereââ,¬â,,¢s just me, so Iââ,¬â,,¢m going to use one of the bedroom closets for a pantry and maybe remove one of the beds and get little creative with that space. Thereââ,¬â,,¢s no dinette so no storage there, but the couch is much better anyway for my use.
Must everything else I wanted to know Iââ,¬â,,¢ve been able to find here by searching.
But...thereââ,¬â,,¢s still a nagging question though. Whatââ,¬â,,¢s the difference between a Super Chief and a Chieftain?
Michael j
1992 22' Hallcraft Chaparral on a P30 chassis
Towing a
1995 Mazda SE B2300 pickup

TerryH

This (below) should give you some info on various year/model differences.
A quick check by me did not show a Superchief for 1990, but did for 1991. There has been some confusion for owners regarding the manufacture date of the RV compared to that of the chassis e.g. a 1991 model is actually built upon a 1990 chassis, with the RV being registered as a 1991. Possibly may be the cause, if there is, of confusion with yours.
Behind the double doors under the sink are plumbing lines and sink drains and access to them, same as a stick built house.
Just a bit more cramped for space.

https://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/product-information
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Michael, You list that as a 27RQ which is a rear queen single bed. The twin bed model would be a 27RT for Rear Twin. The 27 being 27 foot. So if you have not actually seen the coach yet you might want to wait and see if you are actually looking at the right vehicle. I have an 89 Chieftain and the double doors under the sink are open space with one shelf. I can take a couple pics of mine if you like.
Going to Terry's link I went to the 89 Superchief and it has a picture of the cabinets you are asking about. They are really close to mine. The one thing I notice is that in 89 at least they do not even list twin beds.

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/brochure/1989/89-Superchief-bro.pdf

Michael1940

Thanks to both for the reply. I do have the Winnebago brochures and even they are confusing. I to thought the RQ stood for rear queen, but several listings have posted the rear twins as a RQ.
I will change my signature. But where do you store your silverware and other small kitchen items?
Michael j
1992 22' Hallcraft Chaparral on a P30 chassis
Towing a
1995 Mazda SE B2300 pickup

Rickf1985

We keep ours in one of those silverware holders that would go in a drawer and I put it in one of the upper cabinets over the sink.

TerryH

I live in mine and so access silverware quite often during the day. I keep it in the top drawer between the sink and oven. To maximize space usage I made my own dividers so I can also put other commonly used utensils (spatulas, flippers etc.) in the same drawer.

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore