lampCheck out the SIDE BAR ITEMS.    As you browse the forum, be sure to look at the side bar info blocks.  You'll be amazed at all the great things available!

Author Topic: Heading for Wisconsin  (Read 40 times)

Offline HandyDan

• 6 year member
  • I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1984
  • Make: Holiday Rambler
  • Model: Imperial
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
Heading for Wisconsin
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:01 PM »
My youngest son, his wife, and I are heading to that big campground in the sky.  No! Not that one!  We are pulling out tomorrow to the big airshow known as Airventure in Oshkosh, WI.  We go every year, except last year when my wife and oldest son were terminally ill.  Both passed away within two months of each other.  Airventure will have a Memorial Service for those that have "gone west" since the last airshow.  I plan to participate in that service.  Rick's name will be on the Memorial Wall along with his bio being included in the Memorial Book.  We always have a great time at Airventure.  This year they are highlighting jet fighters.  Last year was Bombers.  You can bet there will be a lot of dog fighting and explosives.  The night show is worth the trip.  Truly awe inspiring.  We will be pulling the Jayco popup camper instead of driving the motorhome.  The motorhome would be nice, but I don't have a toad to pull behind it.  The best way to experience the event is to fly in and sleep under the wing.  I've done that several times, but I'm getting too old for that.  A friend from my airport is flying in a Luscombe 4.  It is the only one of its type flying.  You might see one in a museum somewhere.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Offline tmsnyder

• Year: 1976
  • Make: GMC Motorhome
  • Model: Eleganza II
  • Chassis: GMC
  • Engine: 455
Re: Heading for Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:48 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, I've always wanted to go to Oshkosh.  Very sorry to hear of your losses.

Offline ClydesdaleKevin

• 11 year member
  • Year: 1995
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser 32RQ
  • Chassis: Oshkosh
  • Engine: Cummings Turbo Diesel
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:36 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun, Dan!  My deepest condolences on the loss of your wife and son.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 98 Cherokee lifted beastie tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Offline Elandan2

• 16 Year Member
  • Year: 1977
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Elandan II D27DRK
  • Chassis: Dodge M500
  • Engine: 440
« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:46 AM »
Our condolences as well Dan. Enjoy the airshow, I've heard it's the best one.
Treatzall Waste tank sanitizer, lighting, and other RV related products!
Rick Ellerbeck, 1977 Elandan II

Offline Rickf1985

• Year: 1989
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Chieftain
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:57 AM »
Sorry for the loss Dan, That is a tough one. I have been to the show twice. Flew in once and drove in once. The flying in was quicker but it was definitely hectic! Can't say I ever taxied the city traffic before. And that was 35 years ago. I can't imagine what it is like now. I watch a you tube channel where the owner of the channel has a Luscomb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIS8Y6e_oDM

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoying all the benefits  Full Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

* Salvage Yards

Find
RV Salvage Yards

By STATE

Campround Map

Instantly get info on thousands of campgrounds all