Long time member needs our HELP!

Started by Oz, December 28, 2018, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

As many of you know, Kevin and Patti Smith (clydesdalekevin) have been Life Members of CWVRV for over a dozen years.  During this course of time, they've given so much to our community and supported CWVRV and its members in every way imaginable.

They learned much and shared even more from their full time RV living experiences and shared every moment, every victory, every challenge, every adventure, and every loss with us.

Since I've known them, they started in a rickety, old, Dodge chassis 24', then moved up to a slightly newer 27' Itasca.  Finally, to a 1989 HR Imperial.

Kevin an Patti have been making their living by making hand-crafted, renaissance era, working, miniature siege weapons.  Catapults, trebuchets, ballistas, and a lot more.  They sell them at Ren Faires across the country.  It's a tough living, but they enjoy it and have made their way for all these years by doing so and no matter the challenge, they are living independently.

Unfortunately, their Motorhome, their home, their transportation, tow vehicle... their iron horse which gives them the ability to live the life they've chosen has given up the ghost.  They are currently wintering-over in Florida, the only good fortune to this formidable challenge.

The RV has a cracked transmission housing.  Repairing it is impractical as the RV has over 160,000 miles on it and procuring a replacement and getting it installed carries an astronomical price tag.  So much so, Kevin and Patti wisely decided it would be more practical to get another RV. But, they are on a shoestring budget as it's the winter season, and their surplus earnings they made during the prime renaissance faire season is what tides them over winter.

Currently, the goal is to raise $15,000 to purchase a low mileage, used RV they can continue to live in and earn their livelihood with.

They are half way there.

But they need our help!

Any and all donations are urgently needed and greatly appreciated.  Kevin and Patti are two of the finest people you would ever want to meet and call your friend.  It's an honor to give back to them anything for all they've given us over the years.

Please give whatever you can to help us support getting them back on the road again. 
Click the following link to make your donation:

https://www.gofundme.com/get-siege-the-day-back-on-the-road

And please, share their cause and the link to help them by posting their cause on your facebook page.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

Thank you so much Mark, and everyone here at Classic Winnebagos!

Because of the generosity of all of you, we were able to purchase a "Classic Winnebago" 1995 Itasca SunCruiser diesel pusher, with a Cummings diesel and 6 speed Alison transmission with only 60K miles on it.  I traded a few guns for it as well, but we have a new reliable home!  Thank you all so much!  We are humbled by your generosity! 

Please keep the Go Fund Me going by sharing it daily to keep it at the top of your feeds on social media.  We are doing what we can to get enough money together to travel to Arizona to our next show and have enough to buy food and materials to make stock to sell when get back to work in February, but it is still a long way off until February.  I'm trying to sell my motorcycle and carrier and also part out items from the old Holiday Rambler, but we have to be on the road by January 7th to get there in time, set up camp and workshop, and build more catapults.

Thank you all!

Kev and Patti

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

thomas

THIS IS THOMAS ,i just put in $25.00  for that rv project,, make sure it got there !!  im new to the site  ,, have new friend  Rickf1985 ,,  (giving)= what goes around, comes around !! god bless  THOMAS

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.