!-! NEW MEMBERS: Take a moment to read the forum rules. They're brief, but very important in helping you get more answers to your questions, faster!
This helps everyone get more from our forum.

Author Topic: NEW Member.....HELLO !!!  (Read 340 times)

Offline WinnDude

• I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1984
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Chieftain 26
  • Chassis: P30
  • Engine: 454
NEW Member.....HELLO !!!
« on: December 02, 2018, 12:43 AM »
I just joined the Classic Winnebago Site and am very excited about being part of what seems like a group of folks with a common love of Winnie's.
I just purchased a 1984 Chieftain 26 with a 454...(here's the BEST part), it only has 18,000 ORIGINAL miles !!! Came with 6 new tires, rebuilt tranny, new brake lines, rotors, pads, calipers, rebuilt carb, new radiator.
The "only real" drawback is a leak in the ceiling near the center of the roof. The body itself is dirty, but no rot, dents, etc. All appliances work and are very clean.I just parked it, covered it and will plan on the total interior restoration starting with the roof/ceiling in early 2019. I will post plenty of photo's and show what my plans are.The most important part is the expertise and knowledge of YOU people here to help me when I need it if you'd like. I will be checking in all winter and see what I can learn in the meantime. In advance - thanks for letting me be a part of this community.By the way, this gem cost me $100 ! :)clap My mechanic's shop owner just needed it hauled away since it had been sitting for 3 years. That is how I know about all the work done and it was all done by pro's. He's a real nice guy who just wanted it to go to a person he knew would remove it and take real good care of it !

Offline LJ-TJ

• 14 year member
  • Year: 1975
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: D21
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 440-3
Re: NEW Member.....HELLO !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 08:25 AM »
Welcome aboard mate. You are embarking on a great frustrating but satisfying adventure. The only dumb question here is the one you don't ask. :)ThmbUp   

Offline HandyDan

• 6 year member
  • Year: 1984
  • Make: Holiday Rambler
  • Model: Imperial
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 02:04 PM »
Welcome aboard.  Lot of fun stuff here and lots of resources.  Good Luck with your project.
Oh, when you get it ready for the road, be sure you sign up for a good roadside assistance program.  As you can see from my avatar, things happen. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Offline postman

• Its all about prayers and shares
  • Year: 1977
  • Make: Itasca
  • Model: Suncruiser
  • Chassis: Dodge
  • Engine: 440-3
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 05:38 PM »
Welcome WinnDude,

Your profile stated "chassis unknown", so I gooogled 1984 Chieftain 26 P30.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1984+Chieftain+26+P30+chassis&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS802US802&oq=1984+Chieftain+26+P30+chassis&aqs=chrome..69i57.10633j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Due diligence and that will change to known. Theres folks here with command of resources. Good Luck with your Cream Puff!

Offline Oz

• "So let it be written; so let it be done!"
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Welcome to the Community!

:) :)ThmbUp
Previously enjoyed our '74 - D24 Indian & '74 - D24 Indian Custom

Proud to be a:

Visit and take the Virtual Tour!

RVMH Hall of Fame
Lifetime Member

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoyingall the benefitsFull Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a:

RV Buying Checklist

Looking to buy a used RV?
Don't go unprepared!

Print this checklist so you
know the real condition of that "dream" RV:

RV Buyer's Checklist