Throttle, shifter, Transmission Kickdown, etc. Cable Lubricator

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, November 08, 2018, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

Now that I am retired I was watching some small engine repair vids and came across one (Abandoned rototiller, can we fix it ?) that used a nifty little device that allows you to easily clean/lubricate cables (time mark 20:00).
KiWAV Cable Lubricator tool.
Thought it might come in handy - Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

I have been looking for one of those since mine has mysteriously disappeared. Of coarse the last time I used it was when I was working on VW's quite a few years ago. Now I need t for my bike. So you are now retired huh? Well get ready to work harder than you ever did in your working days! :D  Seems like you NEVER have any time to yourself after you retire, no idea why it works that way. Hm?

srosa707

Yes these are very handy when lubing your cables.  I've been using them on my dirtbikes for years.

legomybago

Quote from: srosa707 on November 08, 2018, 07:29 PM
Yes these are very handy when lubing your cables.  I've been using them on my dirtbikes for years.

Me too, mine got buried in the tool box though after I finally purchased a European bike that had a hydraulic clutch.. W%
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

Hydraulic clutch but what about the throttle? My Gold Wing has hydraulic everything but still has cable throttle and choke.

Froggy1936

Yes Being retired only means that now you have lost your weekends, Now you are available to work all week long , And as we all know You will never get it all done (Finished is a myth) . Frank  W%
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Sasquatch

I have 2 or 3 of them.  But I do run a motorcycle shop....  Most larger motorcycle shops have them in stock.  They work great.

legomybago

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 08, 2018, 08:51 PM
Hydraulic clutch but what about the throttle? My Gold Wing has hydraulic everything but still has cable throttle and choke.

Yeah true on the throttle cables. I can't believe the 2019 Jap dirt bikes are still running cable actuated clutches.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985