75 Brave dually tire question

Started by acenjason, November 02, 2018, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

Hello all🙂

Ok, here is my question. I have my motorhome parked for the winter. In fact we are supposed to get a foot of snow tonight. Today I noticed that the outside tire on the driver's side rear dual is flat. It was fine when I took her out the last time last week. Anyway, my first question is will it harm the other tires if I just leave her parked with only 3 tires inflated for the winter? I won't be able to get into a tire shop for a couple of months because people have appointments to get their snow tires on. By then I won't be able to safely move my Winny out of her parking spot. So, can I just leave it? Or try some fix a flat? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help🙂

Froggy1936

First what kind of surface are you parked on ? Hopefully solid , But whatever, best thing is to Jack up the veh high enough to remove the tire (not adviseable to support veh on 3 tires ) Support the weight with a jack stand (do not leave on jack) Take the tire to a shop and have them break it down, Find the leak and repair (do not just plug it )  Dont forget a rim leak can develope for no reason at all , They just start leaking at the wheel tire mateing surface . As soon as possible reinstall tire and wheel, Keep an eye on it , Retighten wheel next travel season good luck Stop leak is not adviseable ,  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

As long as the RV is completely empty, as in no water or supplies and it is at it's lightest then the remaining tire will hold the load with no problem. It is certainly not the best scenario since the tire will take a different set from the flat one but if that is what you have to do then so be it. Like Frank says t would be best to get the flat tire off and repaired as soon as possible and not let it sit that way all winter. You could get a mobile tire service to do it but it will cost more. I don't know if your roadside service covers that in parking or not if you have roadside.

legomybago

Put a jack under it (or blocks of wood), take the load off. Fix it in the spring
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy