Aviation style Instrument Panel

Started by LJ-TJ, October 16, 2018, 07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I saw a winnie on Craig's List with what looks like an aviation style instrument panel.  Wow!  Would that have been factory made?  I've never seen one like it.

legomybago

yeah, we maybe see that instrument cluster once every two years..... i??
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

LJ-TJ

It's an extremely rare stock factory instrument panel.

tmsnyder

Where's the CB radio so you can pretend to be talking to the tower?

nalambright

LJ-TJ

Are you kidding me? What ever happened to it. You still got it. Is the panel still intact.  Hm? D:oH! D:oH! Oh NO! i??

ya no kidding ,would love to have that set up in mine, take some work to change but that looks sweet!!

Rickf1985

Lefty

It was called the "Cockpit Commander", and was an extremely rare option.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

LJ-TJ

Hm? nalambright you still out there. What did you ever do with your instrument panel? Still got it?

LJ-TJ

Sure hope you hang around a while. We won't hold it against you if you ain't got a Classic. :)ThmbUp

outdoorsguy36

I drove out there to take a look at the D27C, the entire wiring harness had caught fire. The electrical fire burned all the wires in the engine compartment and under the cab as far back as I could see. It says runs and drives on the post but it doesn't. I took a battery with me to turn it over using jumper cable on the starter but the engine would barely turn. The roof is shot and when it's raining outside it's also raining inside. It does have the 17" 5 lug rims that are radial instead of split. They are willing to take $800 for it as is but hauling it to my home in sc is more than I'm willing to pay considering all the work it needs to fix it

outdoorsguy36

I took pictures of everything and can post them when I get home tomorrow I stopped overnight in Virginia instead of driving 11 hrs all in one day 😆

nalambright

Quote from: LJ-TJ on November 20, 2018, 09:42 AM
  Hm? nalambright you still out there. What did you ever do with your instrument panel? Still got it?

Still installed in one of the parts motorhomes

LJ-TJ

Gezzzzzz if it's still intact. Save it. It be a sweet piece to have even if you just hung it on the wall. What a piece of history. Any chance you could get some pics of it? Thank for taking the time to write back. :)ThmbUp