Dometic Atwood Water Heater Question

Started by srosa707, October 13, 2018, 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

So I picked up an Atwood Water Heater, model 96117, to replace the one in my '73 Brave.  This model uses LP and/or 110V to heat the water with a manual pilot light (NO DSI).  I called Dometic to ask a few questions about a month back and the lady on the phone said this only needs a 12V connection wired to it.  I asked, "are you sure because I think it uses a 110V connection".  She assured me it uses 12V.  Skeptical, I bought the unit and am now questioning that information.

My question: the manual calls out a 110V wire ran to the unit and the 3 wires it has coming out of the back of the box.  Does anyone know if this ALSO needs a 12V connection somewhere?  If I manually light the pilot, does it stay on until I manually turn it off (or system safety shuts it off)?  I am wondering if this has a some kind of a 12V input that will auto-light and shut off to keep the temp where it wants it? 

Installing today so quick input is appreciated!

srosa707

srosa707

Found the answer on my own.  This does not have the 12V connection like the lady from Dometic said.  I will post a thread on the installation later in case anyone is interested.