77-78 entry step,

Started by postman, November 18, 2018, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postman

78 Itasca dodge Class A, I can't find anything about this single manual slide out step. Someone drove over something and bent the original. I cant find any bolts to remove it. Does anyone have experience removing a step like this?

Thanks

BrandonMc

well, look for any bolts, or nuts holding it up there. I'd assume it's going to be relatively simple to get at - the hard part just being on your back to get underneath and look. I have a completely different model but it was 4 bolts or nuts total to take off with a ratchet. May need some pb blaster.

postman

Thanks for the reply! I have looked twice but that was before I got it up on stands. When the weather is better I will look again.

postman

Still hoping someone has experience with 70s manual entry step mounting.

I did find two angle iron brackets screwed to the outer wall with 2) 5/16? screws each. When the weather is better I hope to get some pics.

It appears to be assembled as one piece, the lower step inside the door the metal sides extending to the exterior step. I demo'd the vinyl flooring and the plywood beneath. It would be so much easier to correct the PO shoddy repair of the damage, the welding looks like the gum under a cafe table that hasnt been clean in 50 years.