LED bulbs for headlight

Started by tmsnyder, September 07, 2018, 08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmsnyder

In case anyone is wanting more light from their headlights, these worked great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H8VILDQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LASFIT 9004/HB1 LED Headlight Kits-Flip COB Chips-60W 7600LM 6000K-Dual Hi/Lo Beam Bulbs (Pack of 2)

Much brighter than the old ones, and it's a white light instead of orange/yellow light.  Tried the low beams first and was so happy with them that I bought another pair for the high beams .

This is a GM style bulb but I imagine they must have similar replacements for the other makes.

Rickf1985

I am guessing you have converted your lights at one time to the modular bulbs? Mine is also an 89 and I still have sealed beams.

khantroll

I've never had to replace mine. They are standard 7 inch round ones though, right? If so, they make LED ones now for those.

tmsnyder

Ah, it's a late 1989 chassis but a 1990 coach.  I had my profile info wrong.

Yes they are the modular kind, the bulbs stick in the back of the housing.

If they make sealed beam style LEDs, they are probably worth checking out . 

They are bright and I haven't had anyone flash their high beams at me yet, so apparently they are not shining too high. 

Rickf1985

Interesting, My Pace Arrow parts unit was made in 90 and still has the sealed beams. I guess that was another of the upgrades that came with the HR higher price.

TerryH

Mine is sealed beams as well. One each high and low so two per side. Hard to find and not cheap. I would definitely like to upgrade to modular LED's.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

DVan

Here are some LED replacements for those of us that have sealed beam headlights. This link is for square quads, but they have other styles:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0744FSQSP/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stppvp_2/131-5098648-7747851?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=4775113870196211269&pd_rd_wg=k8YXl&pf_rd_r=G7MV0MJ1YE8X6J2Y02TY&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B0744FSQSP&pd_rd_w=pRzKh&pf_rd_i=SPL+LIGHT&pd_rd_r=e728ea28-8420-4d24-8dac-0a4540cfcbaa&ie=UTF8&qid=1526828860&sr=2

I have not replaced mine yet so can't personally vouch for them, but they are DOT approved (many aren't) and ~$30 ea. and well liked by others.
1988 Itasca Windcruiser 32RQ
Semi-retired Artist/Flyer

Rickf1985

They "say" they are DOT approved but that ad screams China all over it. Poor grammar and even worse spelling. The Chinese are well known for making false claims, who is going to check the millions of items they sell? Look at the description and all of the spelling errors and how many times they tell you they are DOT approved.
Not saying they are bad lights but do not believe everything you read on the internet!
I put Silverstars in mine and they work pretty good, I put them in all of my vehicles.

Rickf1985