Black water wiring

Started by pastorjeep, August 15, 2018, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pastorjeep

I was not sure if this goes in wring or plumbing (mods feel free to move it) so I will start here. On our first outing in the sig RV we had a blowout on the drivers rear, It completely folded up the thick gauge steel guard the mud flap was bolted to and ripped out the wires from the black water tank sending unit. Can someone post pics or wiring diag so I can rewire the unit. I assume it is just for monitoring the tank level? Any help is appreciated.

TerryH

Holding tank wiring will be for the tank level sensors. Generally 3 sensors per tank to tell you the content level. They are notorious for inaccuracy and failure.
I, and I suspect many others here never rely on them or the tank level gauge.
Experience based upon usage works very well. Personally they would be among the last on my to - do list.
If they and a mud flap were the extent of damage you encountered from a rear blow out you are extremely fortunate.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

This is not the right forum for this post but since it is brought up here and it is safety related I am going for it. You just got this rig so you probably don't know about the tires but if they are dated any more than 5-6 years old REPLACE THEM!!! I don't think I have to say why. If that were a front things would have been much worse!