Thank You

Started by BrandonMc, July 31, 2018, 09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandonMc

Thank you RickF1985 and dave78chieftain for all your help over the years, I appreciate it!

Rickf1985

Oz

I second that!   :) :)ThmbUp

And all the other, long time members who've helped so many!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Zoomin4joy

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm new to the forum and have thought so many times as I'm reading something, "Wow! That will save me so much time or money." Or, "So that's how you do that." I have learned about my brakes, my engine, my roof, my awning, my electrical, where to get parts, don't breathe ammonia, how to keep my rig from catching on fire, and so much more.

When my dad asks how we are going to do a certain thing I say, "Well this is how Mark did it." Or "Rick said this supplier is better." Or "We need to do it like Dave did." My dad just looks at my brother and says, "Who are these guys?"

I spend a few hours each night learning something new. Every night I think how grateful I am to have a place like this I can read and learn. I am so thankful to all of you for taking the time to share.

legomybago

So many ideas on looking at a situation from a different perspective...A perspective that you yourself over looks, or doesn't know anything about. The contributors on this website are great. A ton of info for keeping older rigs on the road, experience, experience, experience...Thank you all who have helped me work through my head banging desperation at times..... :)clap
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

LJ-TJ

Yep! Got my vote. Thanks Rick even if we love to pick on you now and again. You've been a big help. Even at times when you don't know it.

Rickf1985

Whadaya mean don't know it? I know it all, at least a few people accuse me of that regularly. W% :D  Actually I am always learning, always paying attention to what others are doing to repair there units and that is all stored away. There are a lot of things I don't know about but I remember what others have done in those situations. You will notice that I very seldom chime in on older Dodge chassis or especially coach issues. That is outside of my area of expertise so I just stay quiet.

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao CURMUDGEON Now that's a good one. CURMUDGEON. Yeah no we love's yeah Rick. ;)

Rickf1985

Well my "Tell it like I see it" style of communication does tend turn some people off. THAT is why I always said I cannot be a teacher. You want me to help you then you have to pay attention and do what I ask you to do in the order that I ask you to do it in.  If you can't do that then you will just have to go it on your own.
There are a lot of people that think that is arrogant but really it is the only way I can help. If you are jumping all around then I have no idea whether what I asked you to do worked or it did not work and we are then back to square one. I do this on several forums so it is not like I can stay here all day and work with one person all day long. I also have a personal life, well, kind of. i?? :)rotflmao

LJ-TJ

Kidding! You are an immense help. And we couldn't do or learn the stuff we do with out your help. AND yes we can be frustrating. AND While we like to kid you every now and then don't for a second think we don't appreciate everything you do for us. Some times our appreciation doesn't come across in print the best way. Hm?