Update 4 months later. . . work done on my Winny

Started by bnlfan, July 28, 2018, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnlfan

Roughly 4 months ago I asked about recommendations for work I was going to get done on my motorhome in exchange for money owed to me.  Well, I got it back yesterday and it rides and runs sooooo smooth.  Below is a list of what was actually done to the motorhome.  Today, I am considering going and getting the supplies to paint the lines back around the skin.  For now it is all white.

Remove smog pump and vacuum lines.  2 hoursRepair exhaust leaks on both exhaust manifolds.  12 hours
Replace distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs, spark plug wires adjust timing. 
2 hours
R&R all wheels inspect brakes and bearings. 20 hours
size]Inspect hydro boost and power steering system, replace belts.  3 hours
R&R water pump replace mounting gasket, inspect cooling fan. 
4 hours
Replace rear tail lights repair wiring. 
3 hours
Replace side marker lights repair wiring. 
3 hours
Repair carburetor for backup generator (has short to ground kills battery). 
4 hours
Repair inside blind from incorrect mounting. 
2 hours
Inspect automotive air conditioning system (needs converted to R134A, compressor, drier, orifice tube). 
2 hours

I have not checked the operation of the generator because I honestly wasn't planning to keep it.  But, supposedly it is repaired and working.  I feel very comfortable taking it on a road trip.

I still have to install new shower faucet and check the water heater but all in all its running great.

One of the best parts is, I am finally able to move past these last few drains on my life that these negative "friends" have been. That in itself is a weight off my shoulders.

aztuc

We have an 86 Winnie and the gel coat is showing wear.  I'm likely to add a new coat of gel coat and redo the original paint and stickers.  Haven't checked the price on decals yet, but I'm not expecting a bargain.

Did you have any issues with leaks or interior damage?  We have a couple of corners that were neglected and need repair of the vinyl wallpaper on the ceiling.  I fully dried mine out a couple weeks ago and it was very dry and tight during a large thunderstorm last night.

bnlfan

My areas of water penetration are around the kitchen window and where the tv antenna comes through.  I used the flex seal spray and it seemed to solve the issue.