Coleman Super Mach AC model numbers

Started by Rickf1985, July 26, 2018, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Does anybody here have the Coleman Super Mach AC units on their coaches? I don't have it on my 89 Winnie but I have two on my 90 Pace Arrow so I am guessing they started using them right around 1990. I want to put the two perfectly functioning units from the Pace on my Winnebago but they need new shrouds, The local dealer tells me he needs the model number and both of these units the model number is totally faded off of the data plate.

TerryH

Rick I checked the documentation for mine which is a single unit, so may not be of help.
The Operational and Maintenance Instructions are for
6757 Mach 1    and
6759 Mach3
I really doubt these are yours, but.....
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Thanks Terry, I pulled the inside cover and the wiring diagram is for a 6798 or 6799 so the dealer told me as long as it is a 6000 series they all fit. BUT! The shroud is 200.00!!!! I can buy a new AC unit for 550.00. I will clean these off real well and give them a coat of epoxy resin, that will firm them up for as long as I need. I cannot believe how many wasp nests can accumulate under those shrouds in ten plus years! Only one was occupied thankfully. Not like there is anywhere to run when you are on the roof.

TerryH

Thanks Rick. I've been looking for a good used shroud for mine for a while with no luck.
Anyone I've talked to has said they are rare and expensive.
My one is in useable condition, but if I could beef it up, fine.
I'd like to hear how the epoxy resin works for you when you get to it.
Albus Dumbledore

TerryH

Quote from: Rickf1985 on July 27, 2018, 09:12 PM
I cannot believe how many wasp nests can accumulate under those shrouds in ten plus years! Only one was occupied thankfully. Not like there is anywhere to run when you are on the roof.

Is this another wasp/bee experience? :) :)
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Was there another one? I do run into them occasionally but I try not to get stung. At one time I was severely allergic and had to carry the needle kit at all times. I seem to have grown past that and just get a bad headache from a sting now. Much better than not being able to breath! Have not been stung for a couple years now.

TerryH

Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Good Lord! That was in the late 70's! That would have been bad since I did not carry a kit then.