Door Handle and Hinge Bushings?

Started by srosa707, July 12, 2018, 11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

Our door is really giving me fits.  It really requires a "special touch" to get the door open.  This has created issues with my wife and is getting to be unsafe, at this point.  I've taken the handle apart and noticed some wear over time.  This wear is preventing the latch from fully retracting into the handle.  Does anyone know of a replacement for the '73 brave?  Maybe I can weld the pin and then shave it down to match the size I need.  Also, it looks like the hinge bushings are completely gone, too.  Has anyone replaced these?  Not really sure how to get the door off to get at the bushings but am very interested in repairing this issue.

kenwautoone

I replaced the whole handle with an AP product.don't have part number,but if you go on camping world website, they carry it.All that was required was some minor filing to get it to fall in place....Ken

LJ-TJ

If your door is the same as my 75. Then you have to take the hole frame out. The hinges are actually pins and there screwed in from the back of the frame.

srosa707

Kenwautoone, thanks for the tip.

LJ-TJ, did you replace the bushings in the hinge pins?  When you say frame, do mean the entire door frame as a whole or just removing a panel from the inside to access the bolt or nuts?

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

LJ-TJ

No we had to remove the hole door frame. It's a real stupid set up they put on.

srosa707

Terry, THANKS!!  Exactly what I needed! Probly shoulda searched first  W%