318 Headers Fitment

Started by 73braved18, July 10, 2018, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73braved18

Hello, I searched the whole site here and am not 100% sure.

I found these on eBay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrysler-SB-318-340-360-Block-Hugger-Stainless-Steel-Exhaust-Header/291748170941?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Will they fit my Brave's 318?
I know there was some port size differences between car and truck blocks but would this header bolt on?
I have a big trip planned coming up and found both my manifolds cracked. They are very bad shape and not weldable.
I am pulling the 318 out this winter and putting in a Chevy LS motor in so I can't spend much. I would prefer to purchase manifolds but can not find any...well at least can't find the left side.
Thanks for any help guys!

Berlin-Tioga

Hi!
I can't tell you if they would fit or not. But when thinking about replacing the manifolds on my 440 with block huggers or such I recognised they would interfere with the original starter. In my case I need a mini-starter before going headers.

Good luck from germany,
ben

73braved18

Thanks for the reply. It looks like my starter may cause clearance problems too.

yellowrecve

What your looking at are shorty headers. They dump about where the stock manifold does. I'm putting a pair on a 440 and don't for see a problem.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.

Berlin-Tioga

@yellowrecve

Could you please let me know what exactly you bought?

@73braved18
sorry for highjacking your thread ;)

Greets, ben

yellowrecve

I don't know where my paper work is. Paid about $150. Their stainless steel shorty headers. Lots on E-Bay. Bought them in March, have not had time to install. My cast iron manifolds are still good.
Les
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.