HELP, bleeding brake system...

Started by wbryanh, August 13, 2018, 08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbryanh

I just notice something.  The calipers that were taken off the front were single piston, the ones I were told that fit from Napa are dual piston.....  Could that be my problem???

Rickf1985

No, They may not be right from NAPA knowing the system but either way if they are bled out then they would not cause spongy brakes. too small calipers would give less braking but honestly if that were the case I don't think they would fit the mounts.

wbryanh

New master cylinder, brakes bled best possible.  Brakes are not always spongy but they come and go?!?!?!?  Any ideas greatly appreciated!

BamBam

Dave's site is back up, I wish I knew more so I could help. Good Luck
http://dave78chieftain.com/index.html

TerryH

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

Quote from: wbryanh on August 23, 2018, 09:26 PM
New master cylinder, brakes bled best possible.  Brakes are not always spongy but they come and go?!?!?!?  Any ideas greatly appreciated!
Well, Air does not come in and then go away on it's own so you have other issues. Coming and going sponginess to me would be a sign of a hanging or sticking caliper in the slide. Did you lube the caliper slides with the green or purple brake grease? A bad wheel bearing could cause it by giving a misalignment of the rotor to the caliper on application. A rear brake shoe coming off of the backing plate can also cause this. No matter what you are going to have to pull things apart.