New to me ‘73 brave d20

Started by wvallen, June 04, 2018, 09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvallen

hi!  This forum has been super helpful already so I thought I’d share some info on my recently purchased ‘73 Brave d20 with the 440.  I added an album with pics and will share more later- can’t seem to figure out how to add here. It seems everything is original or close to it. Runs well- drove it from Alamosa CO to Saint Louis MO in 4 easy and fun days.  It needs a lot of work and I’ll store it in STL while I let my bank account refill- it was basically 4mpg on those 900 miles back to its storage spot.  I was surprised to learn about the Coleman polar-aire 6255-707 swamp cooler on top.  I can’t find and info on this. Do I fill it or does it auto fill from the water holding tanks?   Anyway the water holding tanks leak, the black water tank is degraded, the tires are dry rotted (I was super concerned the entire trip) and there are a thousand other projects.  I hope to restore to “like original” but with modern equipment. Also that mpg needs to be addressed but I figured it was modified for the high altitude.  Oh yeah, and I’m the third owner.  I hope to have a great time on this forum and cheers to classic winnebagos. 

-wâ€"â€"â€"

Froggy1936

Welcome, There is a list in the rs column for items to chec when purchasing , You can now use it as a road map to all the repairs needed .  Have fun & don't get discouraged there will be many trying moments WE are all here to help if you need it Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

73braved18

Welcome! They are easy to work on and parts don’t cost that much. Enjoy it!

LJ-TJ

Welcome aboard mate. Let the adventures begin. Lesson number one. The stupidest question you can ask here is the one you DON'T ask. 4 miles to the gallon. Don't sweat it. A good tune up should reward you with 8 to my be 10 miles to the gallon. Get new tires on her and take her out as often as you can. I will help you from getting discouraged while working on her. Everything doesn't need to work in order to have fun with it. Hm?

Oz

Welcome to the community!  To help you get the most from our forum, please post your technical questions, such as how to fill your swamp cooler, on the corresponding message boards.  This will make your question easy for other members to find and you'll get more answers.

Please take a moment to read the forum rules.  They are brief but very helpful in helping you have the best experience in your new group!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca