Size of diner {dinette} bed?

Started by daveukm, June 22, 2018, 05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveukm

Hi all
I'm thinking of buying a 1973 Indian but I'd like to know exactly how big is the diner bed when it's made up?

Jamo

"In your guts you know he's nuts"

TerryH

daveukm as you may (or possibly may not) know is a member from both another continent and country, as are many members.
Some of the words and terms he uses may not be familiar to someone from the USA or Canada.
Or Germany.
Or Italy.
Or Australia.
Etc................
But he is indeed a member here, as are most of us.
What we try to do here is assist those asking for assistance.
Obviously, he is asking the size of the dinette bed for the year and model he posted, once it is made up.
Often times you will find members here will ask for a photo to help with potential answers and advice. A very effective means of understanding the query.
Some posts are placed here in humor, some tongue-in-cheek, some asking for help and otherwise.
No offence intended or implied.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao Well said.>GRIN< That's why we have so much fun around here. We don't take our selves to seriously. My 75 measures 6' long by 3' wide. :)ThmbUp

tmsnyder

It's probably a single size bed.  Good for one person unless they are recently married, then it'll fit two.

daveukm

Thanks for the info guys! Really helpful. I'm 6ft4 so could be a squeeze! I'll have to force one of the kids out of bed.

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao You'll have to sleep catty corner. Top left to bottom right. :D :)clap

srosa707

Dave,

I have a 73 Brave and the dinette bed is actually larger than it appears.  I am 6'3 and can almost fit in it without bending my legs.  Adjustint my body slightly diagonal allows me to rest on it comfortably.  We have converted the rear fold out bench into a full-time bed using a mattress from Amazon and we love it.  I'll probly only use the dinette bed when momma wants to sleep next to the kid in the back bed.

daveukm

Thanks for the info. I usually sleep in a ball so maybe it just might work.