Winnebago Parts Re-Pop Black Tank

Started by srosa707, May 30, 2018, 01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

I looked at the common parts catalog on the Winnebago Parts website and they had one that was exactly the size I needed for my '73 Brave.  I was just inspecting it tonight and noticed the outlet port is not open enough.  Has anyone ordered a new tank from them?  Am I just supposed to cut the remainder of the hole out?

Rickf1985

That certainly does not look right. If that "V" is the bottom of the tank then the hole that is there would not empty the tank no matter what considering how high from the bottom it is. It may just be me but that picture is hard to decipher as to the relation of the position of the tank.

Elandan2

Yes, you have to cut that end off. Just the thickness of the plastic, not the whole thing!! It is molded that way so they can pressure test it before being used. I think it shows them testing a tank on the video factory tour; pressurizing it under water.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

srosa707

@Rick sorry for the distorted picture.  The hole is the outlet port for the black water and will work fine once in position.  The picture is of the tank standing on its side with the outlet pointing straight up. 

@Elandan yes, this is what I thought.  Some kind of factory mold or pressure test issue.  I will inspect and cut off what I need. 

Rickf1985

Or to be on the safe side use a Roto-Zip and just cut out the offending plastic from the diameter of the inside of the pipe.

NiftyBetty

srosa-  I am confused.  I am looking for a black tank for my 1975 D19.  The Winnebago parts guy told me in September 2016 that none of the tanks were available but you seem to be saying that you found one for yours.  True?  Are there magic words I need to say to the parts guy so he can help me find a sewage tank to fit my rig?  Mine is in "iffy" condition and I'd like to replace it before anything nasty happens.  Thanks.

srosa707

@Nifty, I went on the Winnebago parts site, "Look Up Parts", "1975" then Common Parts catalog.  Scroll to the tanks and you should find the one you need (page E-5, E-6).  My part number was 021489-01-000.  They had the mold and had it made.  Took about 2 weeks or so to get.  Good luck!

NiftyBetty

Many thanks.  I'll get in touch with them right away. 

C&T2

I have a #02148901000 grey water tank available.