Replacing converter and have Questions

Started by srosa707, May 11, 2018, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

Hello all.  I've recently received my 35 Amp Boondocker converter and have a question.  This converter is a plug-in type, as opposed to the hard-wire type that I am replacing.  Does the breaker for the outlet and associated wiring need to meet or exceed the 35 Amp rating of the converter itself?  I'd prefer to hard-wire this unit but that would mean I would have to drill the rivets out of the boondocker to open it up and then run new wiring. 

LJ-TJ

D:oH! If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Rickf1985

If it is part of the Boondocker it will be quite sufficient for the job. There is no way they would,or even could, sell something with undersized wiring. They are made in America I believe. That is the kind of thing you expect to find on Chinese garbage. I have a 45 amp Boondocker and have never had any problems with it.

Elandan2

I think you will find that the "35 Amp" rating is for the 12V output, not the 110V input circuit.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

srosa707

Elandan,

Yes, you are correct, but then it got me thinking about the power requirements and had me second guessing myself.  I got it all installed yesterday and it works great.

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck