This ought to be an interesting series to follow. 4x4 Winnebago

Started by Rickf1985, May 03, 2018, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

tmsnyder

Rickf1985

Before anyone gets their hopes up for a first class restoration I will warn you that these guys are not about that. This will be down and dirty and it will probably be destroyed in the process or shortly afterwards but I am curious to see it done. I built one for a guy many years ago and it came out quite well. Wasn't all that hard to do really. Just a lot of labor.

Rickf1985

I just realized you now have to subscribe to Motor Trend to see the whole episode so I will leave it up to you. I am NOT paying to see basically You Tube videos. Sorry for the teaser.

legomybago

These guys do a good show, it will be viewable for free on Youtube soon.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

Nope, They canned You Tube. A lot of places are unfortunately.

legomybago

I didn't know that? That explains why Im not seeing any of their episodes popping up on my Youtube menu..... N:(
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

LJ-TJ

That seems to be the way of the future. I use to go on the NASCAR web site and watch the interviews after the race. Now you have to gag down a commercial first. When is enough money enough. I am so glad I'm on the back side of things. I don't want to be around to see what type of kids the kids of today bring into the world. D:oH!

Rickf1985

NASCAR is hurting BAD, Have you looked at the grandstands at the races? People are tired of the primidona drivers, They are tired of the nonstop rules changes that seem to favor certain drivers, they are tired of the ticket prices that combined with concessions is a months paycheck to go to a race with the family. This is the France family that runs NASCAR and always has, They figure they can keep doing it the way they always have, "My way or no way". That doesn't cut it anymore. Plus, racing used to be guys who at least worked a real job at one time. most of these young drivers are offspring of older drivers or people like Joey Lagano who was rich and Daddy put him in racing with his money. None of these people have ever worked a real job in their lives and I think a lot of people are turned off by that. You can see it in the drivers attitudes, They feel entitled, They think they are entitled to win these races and get pissed when it doesn't happen. These drivers drive and that is all they do, they don't wrench. They don't get dirty. If they crash then someone else fixes the car. I have pretty much stopped watching the races for the same reason I stopped watching pro baseball after they went on strike many years ago for more money.

But anyway, You Tube was supposed to be a video SHARING site, not a moneymaker. They showed a few ads for income. But the ads got totally out of control and it is like broadcast TV. More ad than content. And they wonder why people went to ad blockers.

Shawn62

BrandonMc

WOW,

I was thinking a lift could get me into some nice spots!

LJ-TJ

Yep! Once again you called it Rick. Why was Dale Earnhardt so popular. He was a working man. He wrenched on his own cars. He sacrificed his family so's to speak for racing. What did these young snots give up.

Rickf1985

BrandonMc

Add a few inches of lift and bigger tires, and you can get the RV into some better camping! or get yourself into trouble.

You'd be surprised where I've had my RV on some forest roads.

Rickf1985

When I owned a 4x4 shop many years ago I built two 4x4 RV's for people. They were pretty awesome although I would not want to get on too much of a side hill with them. These were older Winnebagos in the 24 foot range. I would not even try it with anything longer than that. Too much overhang and too much between the wheels. And too heavy, you are looking at upgrading to Rockwell differentials and that is another whole can of worms!