Rear Frame Extension?

Started by srosa707, April 20, 2018, 04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

While looking under my D20 last summer I found this SUPER SKETCHY frame extension piece.  Is this factory or homemade?

Elandan2

That was definitely added by Winnebago and they should be ashamed!! Personally, I would be upgrading that before I did any towing.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

THAT right there is why I am always harping on the towing limits of the Winnebago. That is from the Winnebago factory, They get a standard length chassis from GM.

Sasquatch

A good welder can reinforce that properly pretty easily and cheaply.  I would do it even if your not towing.

srosa707

That is scary that the factory would cobble something together like that and pass it off as usable!  I've got a buddy with a D18 who owns a fabrication shop that will be building a rear section for both of our rigs.  I might have him do something for the front bumper, too.  Ill report back when its done (Winter '18 project?).

uglydukwling

They knew it wasn't adequate. Mine has a factory hitch receiver. It also has a sticker that says not to tow anything. Apparently the receiver is just meant to mount a bicycle rack or some such thing.