New G6A-8E water heater broke already??

Started by moonlitcoyote, April 14, 2018, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

For the last 3 days we have been so busy being a tourist that we havent used the water heater at all. Then this morning we tried to turn it on and it wont light. I can hear it click (once) then the light comes back on. I tried to light it myself with a long bbq lighter but it would only stay lit for about 5 seconds then it would shut off. This thing isnt even 2 months old yet, what gives? The stove inside lights fine and the flame seems normal.

Froggy1936

Contact place of purchase, Sounds like a Warranty issue !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

moonlitcoyote

I bought it from e-bay. So I dont know if there is a warranty

Elandan2

Try checking all the electrical connections, especially the ground.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

moonlitcoyote

I have checked everything I can find and the fuse is good too. I went out and messed with it some more and I tried lighting it while I covered part of the air shutter and it lit, well exploded is more like it. Anyway there are 2 little lights on the circuit board and while it was lit one of the lights was flashing and clicking like it was still trying to light. It shut itself off again before the water got hot.

Froggy1936

Was it a new item or used on ebay ? if new ebay will back you up on getting it working ! Frank

moonlitcoyote

it was brand new, I went back and looked through my orders and it did say it was under warranty but what do I do about it? I have never in my life had anything that had a warranty. Do I contact atwood?

RANGERRICK

These are some of the things you run into when we buy online.I would contact Ebay

DaveVA78Chieftain

You at least need to start checking those things indicated in the trouble shooting section for electronic models.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/dealer-manuals/WaterHeaterManual.pdf

Dave
[move][/move]

moonlitcoyote

I have tried all the troubleshooting and I cannot find a problem. So I called atwood about the warranty and I would have to take my rig to a place to have it serviced which would cost me more in gas than a new board will cost. I am heading to a place today to pick up a new board and hope that solves the problem.

moonlitcoyote

Installed a new dinosaur board and problem solved. Hard to believe the factory board only lasted 2 months

Froggy1936

Mabey the reason it was for sale on E bay Someone was having the same intermittent problem with a new unit !  Frank

moonlitcoyote

Actually Frank, after looking it up, yes I bought it from e-bay but it was from a company called adventure rv. And it was a brand new still in the box unit