Something "different" to play with.

Started by HamRad Mobile, April 11, 2018, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamRad Mobile

Good morning; 

It is funny how a "project" can just seem to appear. 

A friend recently bought and moved into a 2007 Keystone RV 32FRLDS Outback Sidney Edition 5th wheel trailer.  I offered to provide some assistance with orientation and normal operating procedures for the usual systems associated with any Recreational Vehicle; the ways to use the water system and other appliances, the need to keep the RV level when the refrigerator is on, ideas for connecting to the RV park electrical power and water, and, of course, the "holding tank drain system."  I remember what it was like when I got my motor home, and there was no one around to answer my questions the first few days. 

One thing I kind of need to admit is that it was a year and a half later when I discovered the last storage space in the Winnebago Elandan WCP31RT.  Having someone around back during that time period who could just show me where things were located would have been really nice.  It took a while just opening up things as I discovered them and looking inside to see what was there. 

Going through and learning about the Outback Sidney 5th wheel trailer is very much like the exploration that started when I first parked the motor home out front.  It does seem that there are different ways that each manufacturer finds to hide and store things in an RV. 

It is funny how things in the RV community seem to work.  Perhaps one of the reasons why RV people seem to be a little more friendly and willing to help another person with an RV is the common experiences and frustrations that all of us felt during our introduction and early days with an RV. 

This really is a community, and all of us bring different capabilities and strengths to the group to share when needed.  I am really happy to have been accepted into this community and to be able to make their RV experience a little more pleasant and easier for other people here who are arriving where all of us did just a few years ago. 

Enjoy; 

Ralph 
          Latte Land, Washington